Your Macros in grams!

Options
Here is mine for the day! I am a little less than 5' 2" and I jog for 30 minutes daily. Do I need to tweak it?

1,245 99 58 92 1,862 39

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without knowing your weight
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Sugar and sodium aren't macros...
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

138 lbs
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Sugar and sodium aren't macros...

and calories too!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Here is mine for the day! I am a little less than 5' 2" and I jog for 30 minutes daily. Do I need to tweak it?

1,245 99 58 92 1,862 39

Your macros don't align with your calories.

Fat = 9 calories/gram
    Protein and Carbs = 4 calories per gram

(9*58)+(4*(99+92)) = 1286 calories

However, I think that your fat and protein goals are fine. They are close enough to what I'd calculate (55 for fat and 110 for protein) that I'd leave them as they are.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

138 lbs

I personally would probably be upping protein and carbs slightly to support the physical activity & cutting the fat to make the calorie level work out if 1245 is the goal. If you upped your protein by 20g a day (80 calories) and your carbs by 20 g a day (80) and ate 18 fewer fat g it would all work out. But if you have enough energy to support your current activity level and you are sleeping ok then I wouldn't sweat it.
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

1,245 99 58 92 1,862 39

Fat = 9 calories/gram

However, I think that your fat and protein goals are fine. They are close enough to what I'd calculate (55 for fat and 110 for protein) that I'd leave them as they are.

Hmm, MFP calculations not mine. good to know that my macros are fine, because I have been feelling hungry at night and trying to play around with macros. do you think saving fats till the end help with this situation? I have not tried it yet neither I read that online but just brain storming :)
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options

1,245 99 58 92 1,862 39

Fat = 9 calories/gram

Hmm, MFP calculations not mine. good to know that my macros are fine, because I have been feelling hungry at night and trying to play around with macros. do you think saving fats till the end help with this situation? I have not tried it yet neither I read that online but just brain storming :)

I save calorie room for a night snack of greek yogurt (oikos triple zero usually) plus or minus a bit of cottage cheese. I find the protein boost solves the night hungries quite nicely.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

1,245 99 58 92 1,862 39

Fat = 9 calories/gram

are you eating back exercise calories?
    is that feeling hunger? or appetite?

and why so low on the calories? just curious?
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

1,245 99 58 92 1,862 39

Fat = 9 calories/gram

I am short 5" 1.5" and lightly active. I tried upping calories but my weight loss stalled, I am not in a hurry to lose either. I have appetite when I am hungry :)
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    maxit wrote: »

1,245 99 58 92 1,862 39

Fat = 9 calories/gram

I save calorie room for a night snack of greek yogurt (oikos triple zero usually) plus or minus a bit of cottage cheese. I find the protein boost solves the night hungries quite nicely.

Thanks a bunch!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

1,245 99 58 92 1,862 39

Fat = 9 calories/gram

I am short 5" 1.5" and lightly active. I tried upping calories but my weight loss stalled, I am not in a hurry to lose either. I have appetite when I am hungry :)

are you using a food scale? logging accurately with correct entries?

if you find you are hungry you could up your protein more...or fats.

And I used to exercise for extra food...might help.
  • MTDDS18
    MTDDS18 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    5'2 and my macros are set up (by a personal trainer) to be: 121p/55f/181c

I lift 4-5x/week, attend spin class 3x/week, and run 3mi 2-3x/week
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    MTDDS18 wrote: »
    5'2 and my macros are set up (by a personal trainer) to be: 121p/55f/181c

I lift 4-5x/week, attend spin class 3x/week, and run 3mi 2-3x/week

Good for you! you are very active and you need 181 carbs to perform. This helps giving me an idea where to be based on my activity level. Thank you!