Happy dance, Amazon credits lead to a new kettlebell for me!

Options
So Amazon gave out a ton of credits today due to the Apple/Amazon/ebook settlement that went through the courts a few years ago, and apparently I spent a ton on books because I got a fairly big gift card applied to my account today.

It was good timing, because I had just seen a 50lb kettlebell for a reasonable price, and was trying to figure out how to convince the better half that I really needed a 50lb-er to round out my collection. Now I get my 50lb kettlebell AND I still have credits left over!

Can't wait to go all beastmode with my swings when it arrives! This should round out my home gym equipment nicely. I have a pullup bar, suspension straps, and kettlebells (15lbs, 25lbs, 30lbs, 35lbs, and soon 50lbs). That should cover/be useful for just about anything I want to do...

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh that's what that was! I purchased something today and had a balance. I was like, I didn't apply a giftcard recently to my account, why do I have $10!?!?
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How do you find out you had that? I buy books on Amazon all the time!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Fastest way, pretend like you're going to check something out on Amazon (put something in your cart, 'proceed to checkout') and it'll say what your gift card balance in the total breakdown.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    i got an email stating I had a credit this afternoon.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Jealous. I only got $6.43. Don't know what I will get :)
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You can also go to check your gift card balance and it should tell you if there's a credit.

It's only for ebook purchases between certain dates, and I think you get more if you bought bestsellers (it has to do with how Apple fixed prices with the publishers and how the publishers used that as leverage against Amazon, B&N, etc...)