Getting Serious, Again!

Options
zoedee99
zoedee99 Posts: 18 Member
Hi, all! I'm Zoe, turned 54 today, and am totally psyched up to get into natural bodybuilder shape. (That is, no steroids.) Is it a lot of work? Hell yes! Have i done it before and do i have the slightest clue what i'm getting into? YES! But. I haven't really pushed this hard in...oh, about 20 years. I really let myself go. I was skinny, but very weak with loose skin. Bleh! In just over 5 weeks, my old "muscle memory" has kicked in, and the difference is remarkable, already. I am also vegan, and have college education in proper nutrition, so in theory i know what i'm doing. I also had amazing bodybuilder trainers, way back when.

What i'd like from all y'all is some cheering on, so i don't do something completely idiotic like convincing myself that i'll be okay taking the week off working out or eating right when i go on vacation. I do NOT want to come back home and be even close to Square One.

Thanks so much! Best of luck to all!

Replies

• FitDawn4Life
    FitDawn4Life Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!! Add me & we will get in shape together! I'm Dawn, 43 yrs old. I'm about ready to go all out vegan, I'm vegetarian so not into eating animals.
  • zoedee99
    zoedee99 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Aww, thanks so much! Sorry i'm late replying to this. Dawn, you can do it! Vegan: just be sure to do your research, so you're sure you're getting adequate nutrition. My first two go-to books were Veganomicon, and Vegan Planet. Very informative. And get yourself some Red Star Nutritional Yeast. Guaranteed B12 in that, not in the bulk nutritional yeast. $8-ish on Amazon, but it lasts a long time. Cheers!