teach0722
teach0722 Posts: 42 Member
Is upgrading to the Premium version worth it? Thanks

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I looked into it and not worth it for me. It may be for you.
    If it could track added sugars or micronutrients all on one page I might pay.
    If you feel guilt about this awesome program being free click on ads, or buy underarmour stuff since they own this site now.
    They also own Endomondo which is some sort of free fitness tracker.
  • Bpope
    Bpope Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not at all, they offer nothing. If they would listen to the MFP forum, and add what people want then it would be worth it.
  • teach0722
    Options
    Good to know. I wasn't sure f it would give me any more information about what I was eating or exercising.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nope, not with a messed up database and a crappy recipe builder.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    teach0722 wrote: »
    Good to know. I wasn't sure f it would give me any more information about what I was eating or exercising.

you do get a few more features that are well documented, whether it's worth it depends on the relevance of those things to you.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded and love it! No annoying adds slowing up my food diary and the best feature for me personally is that I can set different daily calorie and macro goals. I lost my weight reducing calories 6 days a week and eating in a surplus 1 day a week but my daily average was still in my goal for the week. With premium I can set 6 days a week to 1,342 calories and one day a week to 2,200 calories and meet my goal of 1,460 per week without going into the dreaded red zone. You can also turn off exercise adjustments if you follow your TDEE from a Fitbit and have macro goals you want to meet.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    teach0722 wrote: »

It also gives information on your highest calorie foods and foods with the highest protein, carbs or fat.
  • teach0722
    Options
    Thanks
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    I just upgraded and love it! No annoying adds slowing up my food diary and the best feature for me personally is that I can set different daily calorie and macro goals. I lost my weight reducing calories 6 days a week and eating in a surplus 1 day a week but my daily average was still in my goal for the week. With premium I can set 6 days a week to 1,342 calories and one day a week to 2,200 calories and meet my goal of 1,460 per week without going into the dreaded red zone. You can also turn off exercise adjustments if you follow your TDEE from a Fitbit and have macro goals you want to meet.

+1. I love the flexibility in setting macros, adjusting calories etc. Just makes it easier for me to meet my own goals and not have the irritating adds.