NO MCDONALDS

Options

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You will never convince me that processed food is as "healthy" or more "healthy" than a whole food.

Well, at least you admit to being irrational and biased and immune to science and logic. Good luck with that.

2cfzfpy.jpg
  • Kabear2013
    Kabear2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem here lately too but if you think about it.....that big mac or watever is going to be delicious for about however long it takes you to gobble it....but the weightloss that is going to last a whole lot longer and you will feel so much better.
    This kind of thinking has kept me progressing, just saying.
    Fast food/processed are not supportive towards our goal.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Why did this post digress once again into clean eaters criticizing fast food eaters and fast food eaters criticizing clean eaters. To each their own! This post should have been congratulating this person who has struggled with eating out every morning for a long time finally breaking the cycle. However you see fast food, one should not eat meat cheese and bread every day for breakfast whether at home or out. It's hard on the wallet and yes, hard on the waste line. This person is learning better habits. Fast food has been a major bad habit for them, and they are learning to control that habit more. Moderation is key for all things in life. And variety is great too!
  • tazzy2805
    tazzy2805 Posts: 25
    Options
    well done i know how it feels i actually have to walk past a mccy ds on way to the gym i swear i can hear the breakfast wraps screaming come get me;p
  • AJ_G
    Options
    However you see fast food, one should not eat meat cheese and bread every day for breakfast whether at home or out.

2zh33u1.jpg
  • don3_16
    don3_16 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    McD breakfast (sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin, hash browns, large coffee with 4 cream combo and top it off with a $1 sausage burrito). I had that for breakfast at least twice a week. LOVED it.

now, about 8 weeks in, I've probably had it twice (minus the sausage burrito). I don't miss it as much, but damn do I still love it.

at the end, though, i love how i feel about myself more. still, once a month shouldn't kill your new-found healthier lifestyle.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    one should not eat meat cheese and bread every day for breakfast whether at home or out. It's hard on the wallet and yes, hard on the waste line.

My normal breakfast is meat cheese and bread. It has been pretty hard on the waistline.. I've gone from 35 to 31 inches this year.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    I came here to support you. I cut back on my Mcd's before I was off for summer. I don't know if I lost weight or not - wasn't weighing then - weighing often is not something I do. But I knew, it wasn't the best choice FOR ME. Problem is if I drove through for ANY reason - like those giant unsweetened teas for $1 I'd have to fight myself not to order other things! That dollar menu was killing my resolve. Only $1? Sure, I have $3 so lets just for today get a .... bad decision for ME. If it hurts you - then that's your cross to bear...

Maybe we need some bully repellent.... be supportive people. Because it's her nemesis - doesn't mean it's yours as well.

I APPLAUD YOU! You do what you need to do... I've learned diets don't work sometimes because whatever you are trying others want to pick it apart and tell you what you SHOULD be doing... well let them do it and I'll do mine. I got your back, you just keep moving down your path.

I agree on the bully repellent. The same people attack every post that is negative about fast food. They are just not positive about anything. Starting to think they get paid to promote these chains!
  • luvtokayak24
    Options
    Someday you will not even be able to remember the last time you had McDonalds.
    My thoughts exactly! :-)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Fast food/processed are not supportive towards our goal.

*your

FIFY
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Why did this post digress once again into clean eaters criticizing fast food eaters and fast food eaters criticizing clean eaters. To each their own! This post should have been congratulating this person who has struggled with eating out every morning for a long time finally breaking the cycle. However you see fast food, one should not eat meat cheese and bread every day for breakfast whether at home or out. It's hard on the wallet and yes, hard on the waste line. This person is learning better habits. Fast food has been a major bad habit for them, and they are learning to control that habit more. Moderation is key for all things in life. And variety is great too!

So they don't eat at 1200 clean calries a day and give up after 3 weeks. Losing weight DOES NOT have to be a penance for putting it on in the first place. I eat grass fed beef and pastured meat at home but I don't really think that having fast food is as bad as I have been led to believe if you're not a total idiot about it. I was just trying to illustrate that you can be healthy and eat fast food occasionally, and even not so occasionally lol
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I came here to support you. I cut back on my Mcd's before I was off for summer. I don't know if I lost weight or not - wasn't weighing then - weighing often is not something I do. But I knew, it wasn't the best choice FOR ME. Problem is if I drove through for ANY reason - like those giant unsweetened teas for $1 I'd have to fight myself not to order other things! That dollar menu was killing my resolve. Only $1? Sure, I have $3 so lets just for today get a .... bad decision for ME. If it hurts you - then that's your cross to bear...

Maybe we need some bully repellent.... be supportive people. Because it's her nemesis - doesn't mean it's yours as well.

I APPLAUD YOU! You do what you need to do... I've learned diets don't work sometimes because whatever you are trying others want to pick it apart and tell you what you SHOULD be doing... well let them do it and I'll do mine. I got your back, you just keep moving down your path.

I agree on the bully repellent. The same people attack every post that is negative about fast food. They are just not positive about anything. Starting to think they get paid to promote these chains!

God I wish they paid me.

In reality, it's about seeing person after person after person demonize fast food, cut it out completely from their diet, and ultimately fail. I see you only have 36 posts so you're new to all this but I'm sure you'll see it too.

Diets that prohibit you from eating food you want to eat are doomed to failure. Eventually you will give in and eat it and therefore fail. That first "failure" so often starts a decline that leads to weight gain and uncontrolled behavior.

It's much more healthy to realize that there are no demon foods that are automatically bad for you. It's much more healthy and sustainable to allow yourself to have those foods you love as long as you do so in a controlled way.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I highly disagree, but each to their own. You eat McD's everyday and I'll eat fresh foods from the farmers markets everyday and we'll see who dies first.

Were all gonna die anyway...might as well die happy with a cheeseburger in my mouth :)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    one should not eat meat cheese and bread every day for breakfast whether at home or out. It's hard on the wallet and yes, hard on the waste line.

My normal breakfast is meat cheese and bread. It has been pretty hard on the waistline.. I've gone from 35 to 31 inches this year.

Why do you always think what works for you works for everyone else? Why do you always criticize. If eating meat, cheese, and bread every day was working for the post originator then they wouldn't be on MFP. It's time you start supporting people when they feel accomplished, not criticize it for not being the same as what you did. You are not the be all end all.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! I can't remember the last time I ate at McDonald's. Every now and then I will get an egg and cheese mcmuffin but that's the only thing from the menu I will ever order. :) The trick is breaking the habit so you can allow yourself wiggle room. But that takes eons to do.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Why do you always think what works for you works for everyone else? Why do you always criticize. If eating meat, cheese, and bread every day was working for the post originator then they wouldn't be on MFP. It's time you start supporting people when they feel accomplished, not criticize it for not being the same as what you did. You are not the be all end all.

Because science.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    This person never said they were cutting it out completely, what they said was they had a problem with eating it excessively and they are working on it. Not every person who cuts it out completely fails. You are just way too aggressive about the fast food, and rarely supportive unless someone's view is identical to yours.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Even if you find yourself straying back here and there (like I do for their frozen strawberry lemonades some mornings, few and far between)... you've got the idea in your head that McD, as you are eating it now, is potentially inhibiting your weight loss/body bettering, and that's a great start.

Way to go!
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well I did it this morning!!!! didn't stop at McDonalds!!! I am so excited. One goal I need to accomplish.
    Right on! This is a goal you have set for yourself and you met it:) It's hard to break old habits, but you are starting new good habits. McD's has no place in the body unless it's a fresh salad---and face it, who REALLY goes there for that and not fries and such:) Not sure if you have a Dunkin Donuts near you, but they have healthy breakfast choices and nutritional information as well. Keep at it and stay healthy:)
  • AJ_G
    Options

We attack anti-fast food posts because they are ignorant. People who think they need to eliminate certain foods to be healthy are just plain wrong. It is not what you eat, it is how much you eat, and you macro break down that determines what a healthy diet is. Here's an example:

McDonalds Seared Grand Chicken Burger is worth 501 calories which consists of 35.3g of protein, 15g of fat and 53.4g of carbohydrates.

Whereas, 130g of chicken, 25g of cashews and 120g boiled white rice is worth 520 calories which consists of 16.5g of fat, 55.2g of carbs and 37.9g of protein.

When you consume either of these meals, your body processes the food based on the macro-nutrient values (which you can see are extremely similar) and will yield the EXACT same effects on your body