Gained back the weight I lost

Options
I am so depressed right now. I was able to lose a good 40 lbs and gained about 15-20 lbs back.... I was down to 121 lbs and now I'm currently at 140 lbs. my highest was around 163 lbs. I did insanity and p90x which helped a lot with my weight loss and counted calories. I gained back the weight because I went back to my old eating habits. I also just go to the gym 2-3 times per week. I tried to workout 4-5 times a week now for the past 3-4 weeks and still no weight loss. My diet could be better though. I'm really frustrated and disappointed. I am also suffering from depression right now. I have bipolar disorder. This might be another factor why I gained back most of the weight I lost. I can't seem to control my eating.... I want to try insanity and p90x again. But after I do those programs I just want to go back to the gym and just do my own routine. Are my workouts not good enough? Like what I've said, I've been trying for these past 3-4 weeks and the scale hasn't budged... What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• jbailey3557
    jbailey3557 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you. Are you on medication that could be contributing to your weight gain bc often times anti depressants cause weight gain and it just sneaks up on you.
  • jainafaith
    jainafaith Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi jbailey3557 I sent you a personal message. And yes I'm taking anti depressants. I'm taking Wellbutrin and lexapro
  • hauteswan
    hauteswan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try the Carb Night diet. Count Carbs instead of calories. You will be surprised. It is common to gain weight on antidepressants. I gained 100 lbs in one year on one. That's why I am overweight. Also, stress, depression and all that don't help either. Seriously eating the LOW CARB HIGH FAT such as CARB NIGHT has been amazing. I do not crave food like I did before I was a Cheeto eating crazy woman. Now I don't even crave a cupcake when it's in my house. Amazing. One night a week you can chow down carbs...It's slow but steady weight loss. I just started but so far I would say it is the most effective diet I have ever tried. It is so easy to stick to because you just don't crave food. The meat, eggs, cheese and veggies fill me up. I don't even feel hungry. This is way strange because normally I used to want everything, fritos, cheetos, licorice, gum, etc. Now, I just don't need it. Something really works with the LCHF diet. Look up Carb Night, Learn about carb backloading and LCHF diets. It's a game changer. And guess what you can eat jello and whip cream! Yes!
  • hauteswan
    hauteswan Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Also if you can get on Abilify it is less likely to make you gain weight. It is hard to get it approved though, but if your doctor is good they can make it happen. It's working wonders for my husband.
  • stuj79
    stuj79 Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I can confirm the Abilify mention above...I was taking Respiridone for a couple of years and gained about 25 lbs...I moved onto Abilify about 6 months ago and can confirm that I have been able to lose weight when I have cleaned up my diet and trained regularly so perhaps see if you can move over to this medication if possible (and suitable).

Also, don't get too down on yourself; even if the weight isn't coming off just yet, stick at it...by excercising you're getting fitter and healthier and the weight will drop eventually. Just stick at it!!!