Tell me why? Only serious replies please.

Options

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think you should follow the advice of your trainer, and I think you need to track daily. Weekly doesn't work for me.

I track everything Daily, but I use my weekly average.. so If I eat 1200 one day and 1700 another- at the end of the week I average out to 1450 a day )or whatever, I'm guessing the math)- then it's all good. same with macro percentages. I track daily and one day my fats are high and another low, but as long as the weekly average in about 35% I'm fine.
    but I do TRACK daily.

If I go over my calories, I can see it in my body the next day. I think women's bodies are more sensitive than men's.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

Yes I agree. I am currently researching it. I have not found any creditable info as of yet.

and you may NEVER. and going a little low 2 days a week won't be a big deal I doubt. not for 5 weeks. do what you want . see what happens. think of it as your own personal research.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Every time I come across this thread all I can think of is that old backstreet boys song.

"Tell me why?? Ain't nothing but a heartaaaache"
    "Tell me why?? Ain't nothing but a miiistaaake"
    "Tell me why??"
    "I never wanna hear you say, I waaant it thaaat waaay"

Hahaha sorry..
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    I think you should follow the advice of your trainer, and I think you need to track daily. Weekly doesn't work for me.

I track everything Daily, but I use my weekly average.. so If I eat 1200 one day and 1700 another- at the end of the week I average out to 1450 a day )or whatever, I'm guessing the math)- then it's all good. same with macro percentages. I track daily and one day my fats are high and another low, but as long as the weekly average in about 35% I'm fine.
    but I do TRACK daily.

If I go over my calories, I can see it in my body the next day. I think women's bodies are more sensitive than men's.

I am a woman. I do watch my sodium daily, going over makes my fingers swell. But drinking a lot of water usually helps.

(does having a weight bench make me a guy??)
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Every time I come across this thread all I can think of is that old backstreet boys song.

"Tell me why??"

Hahaha sorry..

^^ it's my thread and every time I re-enter it I sing the song in my head too. LOL
  • joleenl
    Options

but I do TRACK daily.

I am a woman. I do watch my sodium daily, going over makes my fingers swell. But drinking a lot of water usually helps.

I sure hope it doesn't make you a guy. I am in love with the barbells as soon as my daughter moves out... her room is gaining weights and a bench lol
  • carrie3083
    carrie3083 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here's my .02 and my experience. First off, how do you feel at this calorie range? When I started here on MFP I know I was netting too low. I felt bad, hungry all the time, cold, irritable. Basically came here to improve my running times by getting leaner then sabotaged my running by not eating enough. Now I am listening to my body more. I feel better, I am running great. My skin looks good, I am sleeping well, my mood is much improved.

Now as your MFP friend I have seen you succeed.
    A weight loss of over thirty pounds! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud.
    You are doing it right so I'd be cautious to mess with that too much. Anyway, I know you are smart and will find what works best for you. ❤
  • joleenl
    Options
    Here's my .02 and my experience. First off, how do you feel at this calorie range? When I started here on MFP I know I was netting too low. I felt bad, hungry all the time, cold, irritable. Basically came here to improve my running times by getting leaner then sabotaged my running by not eating enough. Now I am listening to my body more. I feel better, I am running great. My skin looks good, I am sleeping well, my mood is much improved.

Now as your MFP friend I have seen you succeed.
    A weight loss of over thirty pounds! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud.
    You are doing it right so I'd be cautious to mess with that too much. Anyway, I know you are smart and will find what works best for you. ❤

Awe thanks for the support.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just so you know OP the reason I even bother with these types of threads is because I actually did see a girl IRL die on day two of cheer camp from severe calorie restriction in the summertime. We were told that she would have survived had she eaten just one banana. It "kills" me everytime someone says "oh it's not gonna kill me" or "i feel fine?" She looked fine and happy just 2 minutes before and wasn't even a small girl. She was a "base" of a mount that fell down due to her death but as fallen mounts are common everyone resumed where they left off as is the custom. So unfortunately 10 of her teammates have to carry the added burden/guilt of cheering around her dead body during a routine while she lay there lifeless. I was only an onlooker from another team critiquing them as part of our workshops. As a "base" she had quite a bit of body fat on her left to burn and yet it still happened. I don't know the science behind it, all I know is I witnessed it with my own eyes. It's real. It can happen. Some aspects of dieting are okay to tinker with. Some are not. You choose what's logical or worth the risks. Unfortunately I don't have any studies or empirical evidence to back up my story as I did not approach her parents for pic's or coroner's reports when they had to show up to camp to retreive her body. I never imagined ever wishing I had "proof" of that kind of experience. Until sometimes on threads like these.

By the way... I hope that qualifies as a "serious" enough reply.

Thanks for sharing. That is totally serious enough for me. It is a terrible and tragic thing that happened to that girl.

I am not sure what to say. I appreciate your concern for me.

I give my word that I will stop this diet until I can find proof that it's safe. I will make sure my net is at or over 1200 calories every day or at the very least my weekly net calories average to 1200 calories a day.

You can add me if you are interested in seeing if I keep my word.

FR sent
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    But why even hit 1000? Even the HCG people hit 500. Come on, you can't let those HCG dieters show you up. I say go for 250/.day. You got this!

I read this response, thought to myself "I love this person!" ....only then did I see who posted it.

Dayum, Taso. I LOVE YOU!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options

that IS the reason I thought you might be a guy, yes. Not too common of a profile pic for a lady, but whatever you're into.
  • 3foldchord
    Options

I sure hope it doesn't make you a guy. I am in love with the barbells as soon as my daughter moves out... her room is gaining weights and a bench lol

my oldest is 19..... I look forward to a real workout room instead of the front porch like a redneck.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    that IS the reason I thought you might be a guy, yes. Not too common of a profile pic for a lady, but whatever you're into.

aww, you almost say that as if it is a bad thing.

I am into being fit and strong and losing bodyfat. my weight bench helps me achieve my goals.

::pouts::: gonna go do some deadlifts to cheer me up.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I have one too, and I'm proud of it ;)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You would be better off just doing TDEE - 15%, 16/8 Intermittent fasting (check out leangains site), sticking to a high protein, pretty clean diet, and doing weights. That dropped my bodyfat a lot more than having a low net ever did.
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    . (For Later)
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Something tell me that no matter what advice you get from us, you're going to do whatever your educated, certified & professional body-building trainer says.

Good luck.

Lol
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

"Tell me why??"

Hahaha sorry..

^^ it's my thread and every time I re-enter it I sing the song in my head too. LOL

Lol!!!!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Just so you know OP the reason I even bother with these types of threads is because I actually did see a girl IRL die on day two of cheer camp from severe calorie restriction in the summertime. We were told that she would have survived had she eaten just one banana. It "kills" me everytime someone says "oh it's not gonna kill me" or "i feel fine?" She looked fine and happy just 2 minutes before and wasn't even a small girl. She was a "base" of a mount that fell down due to her death but as fallen mounts are common everyone resumed where they left off as is the custom. So unfortunately 10 of her teammates have to carry the added burden/guilt of cheering around her dead body during a routine while she lay there lifeless. I was only an onlooker from another team critiquing them as part of our workshops. As a "base" she had quite a bit of body fat on her left to burn and yet it still happened. I don't know the science behind it, all I know is I witnessed it with my own eyes. It's real. It can happen. Some aspects of dieting are okay to tinker with. Some are not. You choose what's logical or worth the risks. Unfortunately I don't have any studies or empirical evidence to back up my story as I did not approach her parents for pic's or coroner's reports when they had to show up to camp to retreive her body. I never imagined ever wishing I had "proof" of that kind of experience. Until sometimes on threads like these.

By the way... I hope that qualifies as a "serious" enough reply.
    Nah that's just anecdotal. She needs articles, research!

I'll be back with some later if I don't get sidetracked or busy.
  • joleenl
    Options

my oldest is 19..... I look forward to a real workout room instead of the front porch like a redneck.

My only child is 19..... So my weight room is getting closer. Lol