Wireless headphone suggestions for runners

Options
alsaxon
alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
Hi All,

I'm a little frustrated. So I've been jogging for a while in addition to other various exercises. I typically use my cheap wired earbuds connected to my phone and placed inside of a flipbelt. Works perfectly, until those days I sprint. I always end up ripping the buds out of my ears. I decided to get some Bluetooth earbuds. They both failed. mind you I did not spend much. One pair was 19.99. I sent those back thinking the $39.95 ones from Samsung would work. They failed. once you put the phone inside of a flipbelt or any type of casing the antenna is horrible. unusable. I'm thinking I may have to spend more money. I would stick to wired, it's no problem at all, but I sprint twice a week and it's annoying having them rip out of my ears. Any suggestions on Bluetooth earbuds that actually work when you put the phone in a case, flipbelt or fanny pack? Money is no issue. Obviously the cheap ones only work if the phone is out and in your hand, which defeats the purpose. Thanks!

Replies

• badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's not really wireless, but I have a Jumbl Bluetooth adapter. The adapter clips onto your clothes, and you plug any wired headphones into it. I've found that if I clip it up by my neckline or sleeve, I've got easy access to the controls, but my headphones don't move. Range seems to be about 40' - yesterday I accidentally left my phone in the locker room and didn't notice until I went to log my sets. It was about $20 on Amazon.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I use the flipbelt pretty much everyday. I have used them with wired headsets and Jaybirds Bluebuds X which are bluetooth earbuds designed for working out. The next generation came out Bluebuds X2 and they are also getting great reviews. However they are not inexpensive. FWIW I run and sprint with wired headphones using the flipbelt and do not have issues.

I am waiting for the The Dash by Bragi. They are still working though some technical issues but if they work them out they will be awesome. They are completely wireless and designed around several different fitness activities. IIRC they have 4GB of internal memory so you can store music which means you do not need a cell phone or MP3 player.

http://www.bragi.com/?gclid=CLfn1ZOPu80CFciFfgodnJgBjg

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    These are the headphones that I use. And I have really good luck out of them. I've logged a little over 100 miles with them and I have not had any issues out of them. And I do keep my phone in a Fitletics Hydra 16 running belt.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    I also use Bluebud X. I was not impressed with the original tips - I had to adjust them multiple times each run as they would slip in my ear. I am very happy now that I replaced the tips with ones from Comply Foam. Now they are darn near perfect. And they sound pretty good (as good as bluetooth can sound).