The most positive thread ever. Let's brag!

Options
2»

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I've come to the realization that I've been perpetuating my past by playing the victim. This is a huge insight into my behavior, and I've been able to start breaking some old patterns by reminding myself that I am not a victim of my situation. It feels nice :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've come to the realization that I've been perpetuating my past by playing the victim. This is a huge insight into my behavior, and I've been able to start breaking some old patterns by reminding myself that I am not a victim of my situation. It feels nice :)

That IS huge! Well done!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options

That IS huge! Well done!

Thank you!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've made it to week 7 day 2 of C25K and I DID IT!! I cried when I finished W6D3... and now I'm going out and running 25 minutes without stopping!

I'm slow af and don't even care.. I'm doing it!! In a million years, I would have never imagined myself running!

Oh.. and not on my "official" weigh day yet, but looks like I've lost 50 lbs so far. w00t! awesome.png

(edited to reflect WEEK 7, not 5.. I got too excited typing)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I've made it to week 5 day 2 of C25K and I DID IT!! I cried when I finished W6D3... and now I'm going out and running 25 minutes without stopping!

I'm slow af and don't even care.. I'm doing it!! In a million years, I would have never imagined myself running!

Oh.. and not on my "official" weigh day yet, but looks like I've lost 50 lbs so far. w00t! awesome.png

You're right! You're AWESOME!!!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options

You're right! You're AWESOME!!!

Thanks! It's not often I'm this proud of myself :D

• sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Today I am wearing work pants that were a little snug when I bought them, just a week or two before I went back to work (after being SAHM 2 years). But, I told myself when I bought them that they will fit eventually. Today, it has been exactly 1 month since I started my job and I wore them for the first time today- and they fit just great!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    this whole thread is just one giant stream of wonderful things. I'm smiling at all of your victories and achievements. Totally bookmarking this bad boy for inspiration.
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The photo that inspired me to FINALLY try to lose significant weight was me in shorts on a cruise a couple years ago. This weekend, I decided to take another one to see if I could see a difference--especially in my legs, which I've always hated. So glad I did--here are the pics. My legs, though still the same shape, have gotten significantly smaller--it's a miracle!! :)iw62i04v546h.png

Girl! You look great! The side by side pictures really show off all your hard work. Really inspiring!
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've made it to week 7 day 2 of C25K and I DID IT!! I cried when I finished W6D3... and now I'm going out and running 25 minutes without stopping!

(edited to reflect WEEK 7, not 5.. I got too excited typing)

I love hearing about people who discover running. 25 minutes straight is huge! And congrats on the big 50 loss!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    So much stress in my life right now. I managed to stay under calories most of the days this last week. Had a loss at the scale today. I count that as a victory. In my old days it may have been a 5 pound gain.
  • missjessau
    missjessau Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My gym has asked me to submit some before and after photos and a story, they want to put me on their facebook page as an inspiration... I'm still not at goal weight yet!
  • valerievaladez
    valerievaladez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Down 24 lbs in 4 weeks!
    Face change in profile pic ☺
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I got on the PR board at my gym! 165+ Squat.

sjpfdgl8xccd.jpeg