LOSE 30lbs by January 2017 CHALLENGE

Options
lorrikooten
lorrikooten Posts: 66 Member
edited June 2016 in Challenges
I have been in a slump for a while and I am finally getting to where I am sooooo ready to get this weight off! I started 10 days ago and I feel confident that I will meet my goals! I wanted to make a realistic goal that didn't seem impossible to do. I hope you will join me in making our goals a reality! I am aiming to walk at least 10,000 steps a day and no soda, no sweets and no white breads! I have an office job so activity is very little but I am so excited that I did just recently get a sit/stand desk so I have the option to stand instead of sit!!

SW: 171
CW: 166
GW: 135

Replies

• Brandi_Allison
    Brandi_Allison Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you in this challenge! I gained quite a bit of weight while I was pregnant, and I think having something else holding me accountable would be a great help. I just started working out on Monday along with one of my girlfriends. I am wanting to work out 4-6 times per week, even if it is just a walk with my daughter. I play softball a couple nights a week and that helps too! I have reduced my soda intake; hoping to eventually eliminate it completely, as well as reduced my junk food snacks. I walk some at my job and wear a smart watch to count my steps and monitor my heart rate. I lost the weight before and I know I can do it again!

SW: 217
    CW: 217
    GW: 170

*Are we doing weekly weigh-ins or monthly?*
  • Ironmom1345
    Ironmom1345 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will join in too! I just started a morning exercise program about a week or so ago - that was my first step. I am in the same boat, I need to lose 30 pounds and I need to get fit again. My desk job is killing me! I am trying for 10,000 steps a day too.
    SW: 204
    GW: 174
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I'm usually reluctant to join challenges like this because I hate when I don't stick to it, but maybe this is the change I need to make. I lost a little over 30 pounds a few years ago, then slowly slipped into old habits and regained it back, plus some. I have just started logging again, I'm aiming for a gallon of water per day and am eating healthier, but have not yet added in regular exercise. I've been trying to make the change gradual so it'll stick! Just like the rest of you, I also have a desk job. Doesn't mean we can't do this! Please feel free to add me!

SW: 242
    CW: 239
    GW: 209
    UGW: 165
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This seems doable if I start now -
    SW: 216.7
    CW: 216.7
    GW: 186.7
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am in.. I am restarting now that i want to try for a baby and I desperately need to lose weight. Hope this keeps me motivated..
    CW- 192
    GW- 160
  • lorrikooten
    lorrikooten Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you in this challenge! I gained quite a bit of weight while I was pregnant, and I think having something else holding me accountable would be a great help. I just started working out on Monday along with one of my girlfriends. I am wanting to work out 4-6 times per week, even if it is just a walk with my daughter. I play softball a couple nights a week and that helps too! I have reduced my soda intake; hoping to eventually eliminate it completely, as well as reduced my junk food snacks. I walk some at my job and wear a smart watch to count my steps and monitor my heart rate. I lost the weight before and I know I can do it again!

SW: 217
    CW: 217
    GW: 170

*Are we doing weekly weigh-ins or monthly?*

Yes we will do weekly weigh ins :) What day do you all want to weigh in each week?
  • Brandi_Allison
    Brandi_Allison Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am fine with any day. Most of the weight loss challenges I've done before did weigh-ins on Friday; I think so people had time to work off whatever they had on the weekend :-)
  • FitVegetarian14516
    FitVegetarian14516 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll try too!

SW: 188
    CW: 156
    GW1: 135
    GW2: 125
  • FitVegetarian14516
    FitVegetarian14516 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am fine with any day. Most of the weight loss challenges I've done before did weigh-ins on Friday; I think so people had time to work off whatever they had on the weekend :-)

friday sounds good :smiley:
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just stepped back on the scale and realized I'd gained back all of the weight I lost a couple of years ago :(
    SW: 203
    CW: 201
    GW: 140
  • SearcyCampbell
    SearcyCampbell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I typically don't do challenges, but I'd like to spice things up a bit as I start this new weight loss journey I'm on. I'm in.

SW: 248
    CW: 231 (Got down to 197, but gained with health issues)
    GW: 175
    Overall GW: 115-125
  • missbeautyb
    missbeautyb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join!
    Current weight: 178.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 150 lbs
  • mvarner558
    mvarner558 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm in as well.

CW: 174
    GW: 145
  • Jacquitheelder
    Jacquitheelder Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in too
    SW 170
    CW 162
    GW 120
  • lezlees337
    lezlees337 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Work a desk job & just flat out have gotten lazy so I'm in on this! I'd love to hit my goal weight but would be happy just losing any weight.
    SW - 150
    CW - 140
    GW - 120
  • oZwife1
    oZwife1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! Desk job. I lost 45 lbs on Ideal Protein, gained all but 10 back. There was no support. I'm new here, but really want to try. I'm not sure how to find this group again. Do I need to get the premium? Help a newbie!

SW 209
    CW 197
    GW 170

5'3" too
  • jennyd500
    jennyd500 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for a long time this year is it.

SW 159
    GW 133
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'll join!
    SW: 210
    CW: 170
    GW: 135
  • step78
    step78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options