Forbidding foods

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Did the other thread that said basically the same get deleted? The one that turned into abstinence vs moderation?

Good question -- I wouldn't have thought so, but can't find it in the debate section. If so, that's a real shame.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Did the other thread that said basically the same get deleted? The one that turned into abstinence vs moderation?

Good question -- I wouldn't have thought so, but can't find it in the debate section. If so, that's a real shame.

I couldn't find it either. :/
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I'm with @Need2Exerc1se - whatever works. Some people find that eliminating certain foods or food groups from their diet helps them stay on track. For others, doing that throws them off track.

Personally, the longer I do this, the more I realize that I'm a lot more satisfied with what I'm eating when I plan it out in advance and get in 80-100 grams of protein. There are some things I don't buy these days - not because I'm forbidding them or because I don't like them but because they don't fit well with how I want to eat on a regular basis. And, yet, I will still on occasion eat those things, because I do enjoy them - every couple weeks I'll stop for an ice cream cone, and over this past weekend, I had pizza and wings, but I won't do that again for another couple months. There are other things I just don't think are worth it, even though I enjoy the taste of them, like Cheez-its and other similar snack foods.

I suppose I fall into the moderation camp, but I'd never try to prescribe that as the only choice for people, just as I expect those who abstain not to tell me that's how I need to eat.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Seems like this one comes up a lot and never seems to get settled. I know what the answer is for me though, that's plenty.