Happy Day Today :)

Options
xcesive
xcesive Posts: 10 Member
July 9, 2012 I weighed 295lbs. Today July 10, 2013 I weigh 234lbs.

I started out with a BF of 30%, today it’s down to 19%

I started out unable to breathe when I bent over to tie my shoes. Today if I feel like it I can ride my bike for 20 miles, go for a 5+ mile hike, lift weights for a 1 ½ hrs, or do whatever I want.
A year ago it was a struggle just to stand up, today I can squat with over 300lbs.

In the course of 1 year, I lost over 60lbs, 7” off my waist, 4 ½” off my hips and 6 ½” from my chest.

What a difference a year makes!

Was it easy? NO!
Was it difficult? NO!
It takes dedication and a plan. There are no quick fixes, it took time to do the damage, it takes time to fix the problem.

It took me 30+ years of gaining weight and losing weight to realize that I was doing something wrong. My approach always was exercise cut some junk food and lose weight, get tired of exercising or get an injury and gain the weight back again.:(
Once someone turned me on to MFP a little light went on in my head. It’s as simple as calories in and calories out, a concept that for whatever reason I never considered???

In the past I would lose 50lbs in three or four months, this time 60lbs took me a year. But, this time it was a lifestyle change. Calories in Calories out, plus some exercise, that’s all it takes! :)

I don’t avoid any foods, pizza beer chips etc. are still part of my life. Avoiding foods cause’s cravings. Cravings cause binges, and that’s never a good thing, everything in moderation.

Weigh your self weekly (daily will drive you crazy). Don’t worry about “small” weight gains, don’t worry about plateaus, don’t worry about eating a large meal or having a bad day. It’s only one day!
To succeed this has to be a life style change. Take a little time to figure out what works for you, then do it. In the end it will only be as difficult as “YOU” make it.

What have I learned?

MFP works, use it.
Anyone interested in weight lifting check out "Bodybilding.com lots of great information over there.
It’s a lifestyle change. It’s not about today or tomorrow, it’s about the rest of your life.
It’s not that hard.
That old cliché, “If I can do it, anyone can”

Where do I go from here?

I’m going to enjoy my “ticker” showing 0 lbs. to go for the rest of today, then I’m going to reset it to 220 lbs. My goal will be 220 lbs. with BF of 15%. When I hit that, it will probably be my maintenance weight?

The last year has been an interesting, fun and sometimes a frustrating journey. It’s also been an invaluable learning experience.
At my current rate I should hit my goal weight and BF % in about three or four months. Looking back at body weight and weight lifting records I’ve kept for the past 25+years. That will have me at my lightest weight and at this rate possibly the strongest that I have been in my entire adult life.

Not bad for an “OLD” man. :)

Thanks MFP!

Replies

• jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Goal weight! That's fantastic!

I'd keep the zero pounds for a couple of days though LOL
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • efamele
    efamele Posts: 2
    Options
    Brilliant....I am having one of those slow days today....so your story has helped my motivation.....
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I cant wait til I reach my goal.
  • MrsNuse918
    MrsNuse918 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What a great feeling to know you have hit your goal :):)

I would keep it at 0 lbs to go for tomorrow too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!