Am I the only one?

Options
I will admit that I have never posted on here before, but I think that maybe now is the time. I have been using MFP for almost 6 weeks now. I started at 280 lbs and I am down to 259 lbs as of this morning. I am a 5'6" shorty short male. This is a great accomplishment and I am proud of myself...most days. However, lately, I have been struggling with feeling like I am accomplishing anything. Some days I am high on my changes and feel great about them, other days, I feel like a failure. I look in the mirror and I find myself disgusting. The further I go, the more I can't believe that I let myself get like this. Does anyone else struggle with this? It is like I have become so up and down with myself and my image. I am so proud one day, the next day, I am so down on myself. I am just reaching out to this community because while I have never posted, I have read so many inspiring stories and seen so much encouragement. I guess I am just hoping I am not alone in these feelings. Any replies, stories, info, anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Replies

• Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think this sums up *the human condition*. In other words, normal. Well done on the 21 lbs down!

You'll find many to relate to here on MFP (myfitnesspal). Stick around, and welcome!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I think everyone goes through this....
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Great job so far, and welcome! You are absolutely not alone. Many of us are struggling sometimes, it's normal. The lifestyle change isn't easy, we have to work through whatever it was that caused us to overeat to begin with. Some days are awesome and some are kind of low. I've lost 50 lbs since last March. I was 1lb away from being under 200 and then I had a binge for a few days. Nothing totally out of control, but I am now up 1.5lbs and have to bring it down again. I know that I tend to do this to myself every few months, I haven't figured out why just yet but I think I am catching it faster each time and the gains are less. It's something I am still working on.

Don't feel like you are alone in having days where you doubt your progress. I have learned that taking regular pictures helps, because you can go back and look at how far you've come.
  • cchapa08
    cchapa08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I realize it is human, I was just grasping for a line and someone else to say I wasn't the only one. It is nice to hear others have the same experience.

@StacyChrz - GREAT JOB! Keep it up. I can't wait to say I have lost 50 lbs. What a great accomplishment! I struggle with taking pictures even because I hate the way that I look in them, but I am trying to get better at this.

I have been down on myself for so long that changing my mindset to feeling good about myself, even good enough to take a picture for comparison, is sometimes hard. However, I also realized this morning when I went to the restroom that my belt is on the last hole in the belt...I think someone is sending me positive little signs that I need to keep going! :)