2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jamisondi wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would you be willing to open your diary? It is highly unlikely you are full eating 1100 calories a day.

how would i do this, i am so new to all of this.

OPENED

I also noticed a lot of generic entries - things like hot dog on bun - what kind of hot dog? What kind of bun? You have different calorie counts for wheat bread a number of times, are you using the same kind of bread? If so, why change? Your ham on your salad is recorded as zero calories. You had bisquick pancakes, prepared, at 60 cals. I make bisquick pancakes quite a bit and that would be one tiny little pancake, and no butter or syrup? Cheesecake, one slice, generic at 270 cals. If it was any kind of a decent cheesecake, it would probably be double that... There's peanut butter a number of times in your diary the last couple of days, this is one of the most notorious foods for underestimating a serving size - a food scale might show that the 190 cals of peanut butter you thought you were eating is more like 250...

The little things add up, which is why people are saying that it is highly unlikely that you are only eating 1100 cals and are that full, you're probably eating more than you think.

Here is a good thread on how to log accurately:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

There are lots of helpful posts in the Getting Started section under:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1
  • singingginger
    singingginger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Totally feeling for you! I just went to a nutritionist, and showed her my "calorie intake goal" as prescribed by this site, and she made a face and told me I needed to add at least 400calories daily. Switching was a little bit of a transition because I had already become used to 1400/day. I try and add in proteins, so beans, tofu, tuna (I'm a pescatarian.) I will also make popcorn (home popped) at the end of the day and have a cup or two if I'm really short on the daily!
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1840 and have no problem eating that a day - in fact if it wasn't for the amount of running I'm doing I'd be struggling to stay within that.
  • jamisondi
    jamisondi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would you be willing to open your diary? It is highly unlikely you are full eating 1100 calories a day.

how would i do this, i am so new to all of this.

OPENED

I also noticed a lot of generic entries - things like hot dog on bun - what kind of hot dog? What kind of bun? You have different calorie counts for wheat bread a number of times, are you using the same kind of bread? If so, why change? Your ham on your salad is recorded as zero calories. You had bisquick pancakes, prepared, at 60 cals. I make bisquick pancakes quite a bit and that would be one tiny little pancake, and no butter or syrup? Cheesecake, one slice, generic at 270 cals. If it was any kind of a decent cheesecake, it would probably be double that... There's peanut butter a number of times in your diary the last couple of days, this is one of the most notorious foods for underestimating a serving size - a food scale might show that the 190 cals of peanut butter you thought you were eating is more like 250...

The little things add up, which is why people are saying that it is highly unlikely that you are only eating 1100 cals and are that full, you're probably eating more than you think.

Here is a good thread on how to log accurately:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

There are lots of helpful posts in the Getting Started section under:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1

Thanks for the advise. So for instance the pancake, yes it is a very small one and no i didn't add butter or syrup. trying to make sure it was within my diet and thought about too much fat and sugar. Also I am staying with in the same bread now which is wheat and trying to stay with the same maker. I did however switch from white to wheat. the other thing I have been doing is scanning bar codes of all items if I can. The peanut butter would be like 1-2 TBS with no bread lately. The diced ham was scanned and it gave me zero. Same as the cheese cake and that was just like a 3-4 tsp. I will take your advise and check out everything so I can get actual calculations. I don't know if I am doing everything correct and Appreciate all the advise given to me.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    aw darn. Log closed again.
  • jamisondi
    jamisondi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    aw darn. Log closed again.

i will open again. sorry