Quick question about macros for cutting or bulking?

Options
As many of you guys may be using myfitnesspal, you would realise that the macro percentage variation is 50% carbs, 30% fats and 20% protein. I've watched many youtube videos and bodybuilders all say eat more protein to burn more fat and lose weight. So some of them completely drop carbs out, as in stop eating complex carbs/normal carbs and have veggies since they are full of fiber and very low in carbs. And then just have a diet based mostly of fat and protein so it's kinda ketogenic. So i'm not sure if myfitnessplan is the best when choosing an option like lose a 1kg per week or whatever since the percentage portions are always shows carbs to be more than the protein. What are your macro counts for cutting and bulking?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I get around .8 g/kg of LBM of protein, .3 g/kg of fat and any calories I have left after that is mostly spent on carbs. So I mostly reduce/increase carbs when cutting/bulking.
  • KashSenpai
    KashSenpai Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    if you were to put a percentage of your macro consumption what would it be like when cutting?