starting all over

Options
so... last year i'd lost the first 30 of a many pounds and i was below 300 for the first time in forever. then my bestie became my roomie and i fell into her bad eating habits, eating out a lot etc. i gained 20-ish of it back. sad face.

recently my dad was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and i realized that in order to help him manage it, i needed to be in control of my own diet and excercise. also i'm fishing from the same gene pool and my dad was only ten years older than i am right now when he had his first heart attack. if i continue the way i have been that could me.

so here i am. getting my ish together, finally. let's be friends?

bonus, a current picture of where i'm starting from. bpu4drxftepe.jpeg

Replies

• pgcaligirl
    pgcaligirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You lost 30 lbs before and yes gained 20 back , you never go back to square one, you learned about what does and doesn't work for you, you got to experience how good eating habits vs less helpful ones impacts you. Now you have the additional motivation of helping him and being healthy for yourself. Knowledge plus motivation!!!! is a winning combo
  • jdlantican
    jdlantican Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • nursecasg
    nursecasg Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well, you certainly are beautiful :smile: Don't worry about the gaining back. I was on here previously and lost almost to goal. I stopped logging and four years later, gained it all back and then some. Not even at square one. You got this, you know what to do. We have faith in you!
  • glitterfiedjenabear
    glitterfiedjenabear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First off. You're absolutely gorgeous! :) Second, I know how you feel. Years ago I lost 80 pounds. And sadly over the years I've gained it almost all back. Thanks to alcohol and eating fast food.. But now I'm starting over again. And so far so good. So you got this! Just have to keep your eye on the prize. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • poppy5109
    poppy5109 Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hello. I was 360 a few years back. I started mfp last year at 310 and I lost 50. I was so happy to be under 300. Then I stopped logging and gained 30. Sooo now back!! And this time I'm going to see 199 and lower. I restarted a few days ago at 291. My first goal is 250. I'm taking it 50 at a time.I'm sending you a friend request we can support each other.
  • MRATL70
    MRATL70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm in a similar situation. Lost upwards of 40 lbs and now find myself having gained most of that back. I'm resolved to lose that and more again this time around.
  • ecampuzno
    ecampuzno Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! You are beautiful and life sometimes gets the worst of us!!! I lost my dad last year Nov. and it has been very hard to get back to what made me happy!!! So we can do it!!! Little by little, small steps!!!
  • biglug53
    biglug53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is almost 9 o'clock in Hazleton Pennsylvania because that's where I'm from. And I just started this and I just read your blog which the first one may I see you remind me of my daughter you're beautiful you know what's right and you know what to do. Be yourself do your best and that's all your father was from you if you're happy that doesn't matter what anybody else thinks lose the weight because you want to lose the weight maintain the weight if you want to maintain the weight but do whatever makes you happy because you are very beautiful person big lug 53 from PA