Any SKINNY-FAT successful fatloss/toning stories/photos?

Options
13»

Replies

• LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest, I've only started doing an actual strength training program at the gym this last month. Currently I do 3 x a week strength, 2 x cardio, 1 x boxing and maybe a couple circuit DVDs if I feel like it. About three months ago I started doing JM's Ripped in 30 DVD. Worked wonders for me. It has a lot of strength moves, plus I was doing it with 5kg dumbbells which was a challenge. And learnt a lot about nutrition.

I'm on machine weights at the moment but hope to move onto free weights soon :-)

Hope you have lots of success!
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    In to get motivations
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    You all are my (s)heroes. I am the poster girl for skinny fat -- 5'5", 120 lbs. with a gaunt looking face, visible hip bones, and a large lower belly roll. I've been lifting heavy for over a year and I'm getting some serious strength and muscles but the fat isn't budging (sigh).
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    In for the motivation to focus on strength :smile:.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bumpity. :3
  • mishirusama
    Options
    you all look awesome!
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I sometimes only eat one meal a day (or a very small meal and then a very big meal in the evening - like today as a matter of fact). I don't think it matters WHATSOVER, I think being active and lifting weights, along with knowing how many calories you're consuming every day is the recipe for success. Calories in vs calories out.

Great to know Im not the only one! Ive been told by multiple people on here that eating once a day is unhealthy yada yada... but i've tried adding meals... and I have literally been eating one meal a day for YEARS.... so my body, as am I, am use to it. I can get my serving of veggies, protein, fruits, grains, dairy, everything in one meal.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/935378-a-lady-who-lifts-1-year-of-progress-pics

Lots of pics in there showing my progress from skinny fat to strong and a lifter :)
  • jadebuilding
    jadebuilding Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, ladies! Keep lifting. :)
  • kerenelly
    kerenelly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In to see the pictures later!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!