What's up with my boobs?

Options
2»

Replies

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    well...in my 40 pound loss so far I went from a 36D to a 34DD. So you're not alone. I take it as a blessing! :smiley:
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    laurelh8 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 4.5" and my weight went from 173 lbs to 147 lbs, by bra size has gone from a 36 D to a 34 DD. I'm not totally surprised though, even at my smallest my chest has always been on the larger side

Exactly the same that happened to me! I went from 196 to 155 (so far). My breasts kind of fight between D and DD right now though, I imagine in another 15-20 pounds if I don't gain muscle I'll go to a 34D
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    *sticking fingers in ears* I no wanna hear ittttttt :p .... My boobs are sadly one of the first places for fat to come off me. :'( Although, The skin seems to look a little better so far this time around.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25 lbs still wearing the same bras but one side got noticeably smaller than the other as I lost weight. It evened out a bit over time but there is still a difference that there didn't used to be.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I didn't start losing my bust until the last 5-7 pounds. Now it's fading fast. :(
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Yeah, I hate to say it but don't get too excited quite yet. My cup size went up while losing 50 pounds because I didn't lose as much fat from the actual breasts themselves as from the area where the band lies. In the past 2 months, however, I've had a sudden and noticeable drop in fat from that area.

Oh thank you for sharing this. My boobs have stayed the same pretty much (band size is down 4 inches, but not bust) and I have lost 65 pounds, half way to goal. I will keep hope that it will come off as I continue to lose.

Happy to have given you hope :smiley: For me it hasn't been a welcome development but there's not much I can do about that. I can understand hoping for loss when it's an area that causes discomfort or other problems.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have lost just about 60 pounds and mine are basically the same as when I started. Oh well, now it's a smaller band size but the cup size is now something ridiculous like an E or an F - I forget - basically something I can't buy in a regular store and have to spend $$ on a specialty bra.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    It's possible that you just lose from there last or that most of your breasts are actual tissue (glands and ducts) instead of fat.

When women go through menopause, generally all the milk producing tissue will decrease and women's breasts end up mostly fat. I don't like to assume things, but at 61 I would guess she's in menopause.

Could definitely just be the way you lose weight OP - if you keep going they may go down eventually, but they may not. As I lose weight I find my band size going down and cup size going up. I'm waiting until I lose some more weight before getting a reduction - just in case maybe they do go down some on their own :)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I could stand to lose a little there, they went up several cup sizes in my latest round of weight gain and are becoming a bit unwieldy , but I am a little worried they might shrink too much! Don't leave me, boobs!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you input - Biggdaddy 58: LOLOLOL!! I guess boobs are a hot topic....
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am a 42 J and hope they shrink with the band size. I want to be able to go into any shop and buy nice fancy bras that don't cost a fortune stead of having to buy an over shoulder boulder holder
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I started off with E-cup, dropped weight and the back size went down (from about 34" to 30") and cup size increased to a G. Latest update is that the boobs are down to an F or FF whilst the back size is the same.

Boobs - they do their own thing. They will shrink to a certain extent when the fat decides to go, but you're probably going to stay in a similar cup size range whilst the back size shrinks because of the amount of boob-matter in boobs. You're not going to go from an F to an A cup by losing weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You could find by the time you lose the rest of your weight your boobs will reduce. Although alot of it is down to genetics. My band size went down from 38 to a 32 but I still have my DD's. I would have quite liked them to reduce but it looks like they are here to stay. Embrace the boobs I say :smiley:
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I lost weight around the band (back fat) but my boobs pretty much stayed the same. And that was after 50lbs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can not control where you lose weight.
  • FitNFab_Hayes
    FitNFab_Hayes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wish I could say the same, unfortunately for me my boobs are one of the first things to go. When it's all said and done and I've reached my goal weight, I may need a lift. I am not happy at all. Best of luck on your continued journey!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    The only positive thing about being overweight was actually having some. Of course, they were the first to go.

That.
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority, but if I ever manage to get back down to 100lbs (at 122 right now) I hope the boobs go with it. I miss being able to wear cute, non-underwire bras, or go braless, lol. I was never huge (topped out at a 32D, properly measured), but going from small/proportional to "Ugh, where's the damn safety pin, I hate button down shirt gapping" was annoying. You ladies can keep the large boobs, lol.