Mom of 2 and almost 30

Options
EmilyV80
EmilyV80 Posts: 60 Member
I just wanted to introduce myself. I joined last week and lost 3.5 lbs! I'm so excited to be here! I am the mother of a 2 year old girl and almost 4 month old boy. And I work part time. I need to loose the baby weight and then some. I have about 4 lbs of baby weight left and then I would like to loose another 20 - 25 lbs. I started the couch to 5K plan last week and I'm really hoping to run my first 5K in the not too distant future. I've never been much of a runner but it has worked well for loosing weight for me in the past. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and using all the success stories as my motivation.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start, the C25k think is a great goal, I am thinking of trying one later this year just on my own exercising at the gym. I know you will do great, good luck.
    Add me as a friend if you want some support.
  • fraochin
    fraochin Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Emily!

It's a great site! 3.5lbs!!!!!!!!!!! Well done you!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being here, Emily! I would caution only one thing (so you don't make the same mistake that I did). If you are breastfeeding, you may find it difficult to get your weight quite as low as you would like. Your body protects a certain amount of its fat in order to be able to make milk. I made the mistake of throwing in the towel when I couldn't get down to my pre-pregnancy weight and here I am 30 years later still trying to lose. We can sometimes be our own worst enemy!

Of course, I am MY own worst enemy, and that does not mean that you will be. God bless you as work on this worthy goal.
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss! I hope that you continue to lose! MFP is a great site!
  • EmilyV80
    EmilyV80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Congratulations on being here, Emily! I would caution only one thing (so you don't make the same mistake that I did). If you are breastfeeding, you may find it difficult to get your weight quite as low as you would like. Your body protects a certain amount of its fat in order to be able to make milk. I made the mistake of throwing in the towel when I couldn't get down to my pre-pregnancy weight and here I am 30 years later still trying to lose. We can sometimes be our own worst enemy!

Of course, I am MY own worst enemy, and that does not mean that you will be. God bless you as work on this worthy goal.

I wasn't able to breastfeed so I shouldn't have that holding me back. I totally am my worst enemy... or maybe it's the cookies. :happy:
  • Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    MMmm. Cookies... Yes, cookies are my nemesis.
  • SunnyGirl32
    SunnyGirl32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Mom of 2-
    Congrats on the beginning to run. I've just gotten really into running and completed my 1st 5K this year. Now I have 2 under my belt. It's a good motivator!!!

I'm a mother of one 2 yr old boy. I'm a stay at home mom at the moment, but I'm looking for work, as it would help us out financially. Good to meet you. I'm sending you a friend request. :)

SunnyGirl32
    AKA Stacy