How am I supposed to eat that much?

Options
I realize this probably makes me sound like a douche, but how in the world am I suppose to eat 0ver 2700 calories a day, while still eating healthy? Fortunately, MFP doesn't seem to calculate the calories burned by weight-lifting, so it's not tacking more calories on.

Anybody have any great high-calorie, healthy ideas?

Replies

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of GOMAD? You work in a gallon of full fat milk a day, after meals.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Not everything that goes into your mouth has to be "healthy"...get your requisite nutrition and then go eat some ice cream.

When I did my bulk I also ate a lot of pasta and rice and other calorie dense carbohydrates along with other calorie dense things like avocados, nuts, and nut butters. I also ate several times per day to get it all in. I was eating around 3200 calories.

Just because MFP isn't calculating the calories doesn't mean you're not burning them...MFP will calculate them if you put it under cardio. Figure a good 60 minute session is going to burn around 300 calories or so.
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Split your meals up into 6 meals a day. I can eat under 2300 calories or I can eat more. But that's the best way to do it. Protein at every meal is a plus, protein bars, powders, meal replacements, and a lot of prepared food! I prepare my meals on Sundays for the week and it allows me to have the best control of how much, what, and when I'm eating. I eat double meat at meals before lifting, shakes afterwards and sometime even one at night. There's plenty of ways to do it. Be creative and don't be afraid to adjust.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    600kcal x 3 meals (breakfast lunch dinner), 250kcal post workout (protein shake, some carbs), 2 x 350kcal snacks (30g of cashews, banana, 100g of chicken/pork/beef).

You don't even have to break out the donuts and icecream (but you can).
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Would second what both @cwolfman13 and @novio50 said. Also if you pre-log your diary for the day, makes it easier to know that you will get all you need ate and drank instead of it being 9pm in the evening and having a million calories left to eat.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    add a few high calorie snacks.....
    I'm thinking a good spoonful or two of peanut butter :smiley:
    or whatever you fancy eating :smile:
    I eat around 2200 in maintenance but I'd LOVE to be able to eat 2700 :smiley: I'm thinking of the extra chocolate I could fit in if I was able to eat that high.... :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peanut butter...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Fat bombs would be a pretty easy way to get it in as well.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read

Read that thread. Essentially, like cwolfman13 not everything has to be "clean" or "healthy" (however you define). Total dietary context is what determines health.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Not everything that goes into your mouth has to be "healthy"...get your requisite nutrition and then go eat some ice cream.

When I did my bulk I also ate a lot of pasta and rice and other calorie dense carbohydrates along with other calorie dense things like avocados, nuts, and nut butters. I also ate several times per day to get it all in. I was eating around 3200 calories.

Just because MFP isn't calculating the calories doesn't mean you're not burning them...MFP will calculate them if you put it under cardio. Figure a good 60 minute session is going to burn around 300 calories or so.

cosign ..eat calorie dense foods like pasta, bagels, ice cream, etc, just make sure that you are meeting your micro-nutrient requirements..
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my answer whenever I haven't reached my calories for the day!
  • lastatlantean
    lastatlantean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat brother
  • MacBoyy97
    MacBoyy97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bruh don't do GOMAD. You'll probably end up getting fat as *kitten*. I'm eating at 3200 calories/day and it's not as hard as I thought it would (run out of food fast though). What you wanna do is go for pizza, brown rice, and ice cream. Go check out some weight gainers as well. My second batch of Serious Mass (highly recommend that one) came in yesterday and it's probably the best one out there IMO. I'm pretty sure I'll be putting on atleast five in a month.

And lift/light cardio so you don't get fat. Good luck.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For me it's french fries and mayo as an after dinner snack, and follow that up with dairy free ice cream. I do this most every day when I'm not being a slacker and I'm actually lifting on schedule.

Edited to add dairy free since it is.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Awesome feedback, everyone. Thanks. I probably should have specified that I'm slightly lactose intolerant. It's nice to see how much everyone enjoys ice cream, though.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    peanut butter...

Yep. 2 tablespoons, which is a small amount really, is 190 cals. Have that 3x/day and you've easily taken in 570 cals.

• fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    4000 Calories master race checking in.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No ice cream, huh? That sucks. How about guacamole?!? YUM! Ooh, and BACON!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese sandwiches
  • gareths1980
    gareths1980 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I used almonds and raisens as snacks, they helped me reach my calorie intake for bulking.

60mins weight session for me burns 3-400cals