Blood pressure spikes.

Options
Does this or has this ever happened to anyone before they lowered their bp eating right.

I notice when I'm in my feet for more then a few minutes my bp sky rockets and I get head pain some times it's worse some days don't happen.

Can someone explain this to me. Thanks

Replies

• rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When you say "skyrockets" how high do you mean.
    Blood pressure goes up and down during your day. It will be higher when you are active thats normal. If it goes up dangerously high...get thee to a Dr! Like, now!
  • bigmangettingsmall
    bigmangettingsmall Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    rsleighty wrote: »
    When you say "skyrockets" how high do you mean.
    Blood pressure goes up and down during your day. It will be higher when you are active thats normal. If it goes up dangerously high...get thee to a Dr! Like, now!

High meaning 170/100 that's when I'm on my feet for a bit but as soon as I sit down its back down. Thanks
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the whole blood pressure thing but that sounds scary high to me.
    https://www.caring.com/charts/blood-pressure-170-100
    I would say a trip to the Dr is called for. Sooner rather than later.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    For sure 170/100 is beyond the danger zone.

After about a year on low carb high fat LCHF) my BP has dropped from 135/90 to 113/71 the last time I checked it.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Please see a doctor! It could be causing damage that you don't know about until it's too late.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    There's a monitor you can wear for a day that takes blood pressure readings throughout the day at random times. In your case I think information is power. Talk to your doctor.

Blood pressure isn't called the "silent killer" for nothing.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    GO TO THE DOCTOR
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Wait 5 minutes if you were just moving around cleaning house or something.
    Never take your blood pressure standing up.
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Everyone's bp goes up and down through the day depending on what we're doing. That's supposed to happen. What matters is how it averages out over the day. There are some technicalities to getting an accurate reading too. Why are u checking your bp in the first place? You can have a 24h bp monitor if u talk to your doctor. Remember bp matters because of its effects on your heart over 10-20yrs not 10-20 mins so don't panic.
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    BP changes upon exertion are normal but not to the extent you are experiencing. A BP of 170/100 is too high regardless of what your doing. The headaches you're getting are a warning sign of high pressure. Increased blood pressures increase your chance of heart attack and stroke. Please consult your physician.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Seriously. Go To A Doctor or ER.