TMI Question A Little but I need Help...

Options
I'm 30 days in with MFP and only about 47 days total. I've been come across a VERY uncomfortable and unhealthy problem. I have been fighting with constipation since I started. Literally! Not 1 good solid poo yet. At first is was just coming out as little brown pebbles and now they are greenish pebbles. I've tried apples and prune juice... Nothing. Any advice on what I could possibly do or eat to finally go poo? It's starting to hurt my back.

Replies

• wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Water should help.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You should call your doctor
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and increase your fiber. If nothing happens in a day or two, you may want to try a laxative. That's too long to go without a BM.
  • Finally1502016
    Finally1502016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Water should help.

I drink a almost a gallon a day. Should I double my it?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    Drink more water and increase your fiber. If nothing happens in a day or two, you may want to try a laxative. That's too long to go without a BM.

Adding fiber may make it worse.

She should be told to call her doctor.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If you drink a gallon of water, you need to call your dr ASAP.
  • Finally1502016
    Options
    I was trying to avoid going to the doctor but I see I don't really have a choice.
  • wtliftchick
    Options
    Water should help.

Then I think you a should go to your doctor. Show her your food diary. Are you getting the recommended fiber per day? I think it's 25 grams.
  • Finally1502016
    Options
    I don't think so I haven't really paid much attention.... I've just been watching my calories... I'll look.
  • wtliftchick
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have a friend whose intestine got blocked somehow. Required surgery. She was average weight and young at the time. But it could have been deadly if she didn't seem treatment. Some times a doctor is necessary.
  • Finally1502016
    Options
    Water should help.

Then I think you a should go to your doctor. Show her your food diary. Are you getting the recommended fiber per day? I think it's 25 grams.

I've only hit my fiber goal 8 days out of the 30 I've had MFP maybe that's it!?
  • Finally1502016
    Options
    I have a friend whose intestine got blocked somehow. Required surgery. She was average weight and young at the time. But it could have been deadly if she didn't seem treatment. Some times a doctor is necessary.

That's scary.... OMG... I definitely need to go to the doctor!
  • wtliftchick
    Options
    I would try to get more fiber and see what happens. Beans, high fiber cereals, fiber one bars. Those are the high fiber things I actually enjoy eating. And keep up the water. But please call your doctor if things don't improve.
  • Finally1502016
    Options
    I would try to get more fiber and see what happens. Beans, high fiber cereals, fiber one bars. Those are the high fiber things I actually enjoy eating. And keep up the water. But please call your doctor if things don't improve.

Definitely I'll grab everything high in fiber tomorrow and if there is no change within a week I'll go to the doctor. Thanks so much for your advice everyone!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Try magnesium like Nature's Calm.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Besides fiber & water, ensure that you have at least some healthy fat in your diet, get some exercise (things that move/bend/twist my midsection help me most/fastest), and consider probiotics (even live-culture yogurt or kefir may be helpful, if you can eat dairy). But, as others have said, don't let it go too long without going, before you see your doctor, especially if you're having secondary symptoms (like the back pain).
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Definitely I'll grab everything high in fiber tomorrow and if there is no change within a week I'll go to the doctor. Thanks so much for your advice everyone!

No! Not "in a week", TOMORROW!
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you could try one and only one glass of senna tea. It will get things moving ;) Its OTC at your grocery store, usually in the herbal tea section. "Smooth move" is the most aptly named but there are others too.
  • Finally1502016
    Options
    you could try one and only one glass of senna tea. It will get things moving ;) Its OTC at your grocery store, usually in the herbal tea section. "Smooth move" is the most aptly named but there are others too.

I think I'll grab some of that just in case it happens again because the BM this morning was painful.