Fruit

Options
tannic2k7
tannic2k7 Posts: 41 Member
Are you suppose to limit rather intake of fruit or eat as much as you want?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    tannic2k7 wrote: »

Eat as much as you want. Disclaimer: Don't eat soo much fruit that it crowds out your other macros (fat and protein), and don't let them throw you over your calories.

ETA: Look at the macros mfp has set for you and try and balance them out.
  • tannic2k7
    Options

Eat as much as you want. Disclaimer: Don't eat soo much fruit that it crowds out your other macros (fat and protein), and don't let them throw you over your calories.

Should I worry about the sugar since there is so much allow per day according to the app?
  • Christine_72
    Options

Should I worry about the sugar since there is so much allow per day according to the app?

It depends I guess. What's your average daily sugar intake? How many calories are you eating per day?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    How much do you want? ( :wink: )

There was a time in my life I could kill a whole bag of apples or an entire watermelon in one sitting. That's waaay to much sugar for the way I eat now!
  • tannic2k7
    Options

It depends I guess. What's your average daily sugar intake? How many calories are you eating per day?

2390 calories and 90 grams of sugar.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Fruit is good for you, but even fruit should be measured according to portion sizes.
    I found this guide online - http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/food-guide-aliment/choose-choix/fruit/serving-portion-eng.php
  • Christine_72
    Options

2390 calories and 90 grams of sugar.

Meh, that's not excessive at all. I thought you were going to say 150+g a day or something lol Go ahead and enjoy your fruit :smiley: