30 Day Shred

Options
Hi Everyone,

I started the 30-Day Shred this morning and I am looking for a little advice. I am trying to loose the weight by July 16th, which is less than 30 days away (only 20 days). I was thinking I would do each level for 5 or 6 days twice a day but I don’t want to over do it and wear myself out. Any Suggestions?

Also if anyone has any stories about their experience with the 30 Day shred (good or bad) please feel free to post.

Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose in that amount of time?

I'm on day 6 of level 2, on my second attempt at the shred. The first time i hurt my knees pretty badly and had to discontinue the DVD for a month. I think the knee warm-ups in level 1 and 3 did it to me, and I won't be doing those again! This time around I feel much stronger and breezed thru level one and am feeling the (good) pain in level 2.

I've seen pretty immediate results in inches lost and an increase in strength. My advice would be to not over do it in trying to drop a lot of weight quickly. The workouts are really intense and you need to take care of your body, so listen to it if you start feeling pain, etc...
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    The first time i hurt my knees pretty badly and had to discontinue the DVD for a month. I think the knee warm-ups in level 1 and 3 did it to me, and I won't be doing those again!

Really...you think it was the knee circles? My knees hurt...not sure if it is Shred or walking or combo of both. I assumed if it was Shred it was the lunges/squats and jumping. Never thought about the warmup.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I thought it was the jumping or squats, too, but my form was good, and since I dropped the knee circles - no problems. I've read that those are pretty old school and not generally recommended these days.

Edited to add: one other piece of advice that has really helped me...visualize being light on your feet when jumping, It really helps! You don't want to slam down when doing all of the jumping moves. I try to be as light on my feet as possible.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    I also noticed my knees feeling a little sore when I first started the video--for me, I'm pretty sure it was the side lunges in level 1. I'm fine with all the other squats and lunges, but for some reason--despite practicing in front of a mirror, etc., I couldn't seem to do the side lunges with the proper form.

The 30 Day Shred is very intense, and I wouldn't want you to burn yourself out by trying to do it twice a day for the next 20 days. I'm afraid you'll lose some of the terrific results you could get, if you work your body too hard. Recovery time is incredibly important. Maybe instead of doing the Shred twice a day, you could add in 30 minutes of walking or swimming--something a little lower impact that will still keep you moving and burning calories. The great thing about the Shred is that the high intensity intervals should keep your body burning more calories than usual even during less intense activities.

I would advise you to take your measurements asap, because for me, the most dramatic difference was in the number of inches I lost--for instance, after the first twelve days, I had lost 1.5 inches in my waist, almost 1 inch in my hips, a half-inch around each thigh, etc.

Good luck! Work hard, listen to your body, eat enough food, and drink lots of water! Don't be afraid to rest if you need to!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I have bad knees too - especially the left - and the jumping jacks killed me in the first level but dropping weight makes them easier. I still hate them!!

As far as doing it twice a day- don't know -might be too much - maybe do a double every other day???? Why not do other cardio? I think you lose some of the effect of the exercise if you do it constantly - the body is good at adopting to things so if it knows you're going to do this everyday it'll get use to it quickly. Mix it up.

I really like the workouts - on level 2 now - think in another 3 weeks I'll be ready for 3 - I still get my *kitten* handed to me in that last set of strength!