Options
ladyj22
ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
Anyone doing this? Any results?

Replies

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. 20%carbs, 50%fat, 30% protein. I have mixed results but I struggle to stick to 20% carbs and still get in fiber, fruit and veg.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for a couple of months now. Sheered another 20 pounds off in the process, and my energy levels have been stellar since my body keto-adapted. I run 10/60/30, but I include total carbs in that. It's probably closer to 5 if only looking at net.
  • ladyj22
    Options
    Nice! Thank you for responding! I have been doing lchf for a week. The first couple days I lost 3 pounds, water weight I'm sure. But I have gained back almost 2 pounds. And I'm really bloated. Is that normal?
  • ladyj22
    Options
    I'm doing 15% carbs 20% protein and 65% fat.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Your weight is going to vary quite a bit on the day to day. I check mine every day after the morning wee, just out of curiosity, but I only bother recording once per week. LCHF will absolutely cause you to drop a buttload of water pretty quickly, which is why you really need to make sure you keep hydrated, and keep your sodium and potassium intake high enough.
    As for the bloating: I never experienced that, unless I just didn't notice because I felt like total *kitten* with "keto-flu" for the first three days.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Have patience. Your plan is good.
  • gimmedatfork
    gimmedatfork Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You should look into the ketogenic diet- it's about 5% carbs, 15% protein, and 80% fat. I've been doing it for a month and have lost 12 lbs. a few friends are doing it and are getting similar results.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've been LCHF for over a year. 5% carbs, 20% protein and 75% fat. Approximately.

I tend to get bloated from raw veggies. Could it be partially due to increased raw, green leafy vegggies after switching from higher carb foods?

Otherwise I find I am usually less bloated ating LCHF.

Oh... um. Poop? Some people find their BMs are slowed at first if they haven't increased salt or magnesium (citrate).

ETA, join the Low Carber Daily group linked above. They are a helpful bunch.