I exercised for 6 days this week.

Options
mittenswillet
mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
edited June 2016 in Success Stories
This was my inspiration :smile:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10410663/i-moved-for-one-hour-after-so-many-years-of-sitting#latest

This woman really inspired me to move, and I'm now lucky enough to say that she is also now my friend. If she can get off her *kitten* and mow the lawn for over an hour, I can get off MY *kitten* and bellydance for half an hour a day 6 days a week.

And I did .

My starting weight was 116.9 kg. I was looking 117kg in the face and terrified! 120kg is just around the corner and I never wanted to be there again....

So I started bellydancing in my loungeroom to a youtube video that I love. For half an hour from Saturday to today.

This is the workout I do : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJUNvLWsEao

Saturday and Sunday was awesome.....I loved it, I got a rush. But from Monday to Thursday?
Nope, you basically had to get a mental bulldozer to make me do my workout, it was hell.
I just wanted to sit on the couch, sip tea, smoke ciggies and get lost in the world of Hercule Pirot and pretend I was slender like all the beautiful woman I could watch on the tv instead.

Just live in a dreamworld of illusions.

Not this time, this time I earnt my sweat, earnt my pain, earnt my shower afterwards, and just kept going, refusing to give up.

What was my incentive?? I had a huge one.

My husband made a bagain and promise with me, he said If I worked out 6 days a week, Id get 100sek to buy whatever I wanted, and every week if I keep this up.

To me, that's a huge incentive, I love makeup and love buying it. So my goal was to buy a decent
bottle of eyelash glue Ive been wanting for a long time.

And guess what? Today I weighed in at 114.8kg boom! And got the eyelash glue!

Next week I'm going to buy an eyeliner Ive been eyeballing for ages!

So what is your incentive? Find one if you don't have one, it makes an earth shattering difference between fighting and givng up.

If this has inspired anyone, I know I've made a difference. and I hope I have!!

Be Well.

Kitty xxoox

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I loved that post, too. What a great thing to celebrate!!!
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    How amazing. What a great motivation to move. I know the first 30 days it took some work to get to moving for me too. I was stiff and sore, and Now I love the stiff soreness because, like you, I EARNED it. One of the DIY shows on TV was called sweat equity. Loosely using this term to mean that you caused value in your sweat effort. I love that. I love that when I'm moving and grooving and get to sweating, that I have earned the sweat. I'm in a better mood after a workout, and if the children are being brats, then I go for a run before I deal with it. And now.. They children and riding bikes with me when I'm running. It's stopping a ton of arguments in my home. Congratulation on a very successful week. Now Earn the Eyeliner!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thanks guys!! and yes, I will earn that eyeliner!! ;)
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Her post inspired me too! Everyone I know is into Zumba but I just can't love it. However, I've been making playlists of belly dance workouts on YouTube and I enjoy that far more. Congratulations on earning your reward! I really like joining challenges that I can earn t-shirts for. I'm about to sign up for my first 5k. The shirt is proof of what I've accomplished!
  • mittenswillet
    edited June 2016
    Options
    wow, sounds like we all got inspired from My Reflections and her post!! That's so awesome... love the tshirt as proof of what you accomplished!

As for Zumba.....I just cant do the moves, so I don't like it either, but bellydancing just called me, it took me a week to become unco and get the moves for the video I work out with. I still cant belly roll....but I try hahha.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    weighed in at 116 kg this morning.... really upset about it. Busted my *kitten* all week and gained a kilo and then some...thanks body, thanks a lot. Ive cried, screamed internally (I think I am still screaming internally) and cried more.....bought my lipsticks and stuff I wanted for 100 sek and cried more, cleaned the house, took a shower and still cried a bit more. Well the house is clean, my husband encouraged me and consoled me. nothing left to do now but just bloody continue....stupid body, I'm not letting you win this time.

- continuing to exercise and count calories because it feels too damn good to stop x0x0
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just wanted to first say congrats!! and than share a little bit of my story to help you with your weight variations.
    I weight everyday. I've been doing it for a long time so I know how my body reacts and here are real numbers from June:
    June 12: 211.6lbs. So happy, my all time low! But I lost around 3 lbs in only a few days. I feel motivated! I know my weight will go up because I lost it so fast.
    June 19: I'm pretty much back to 216 lbs. I'm pissed. But I know I got to keep doing what i'm doing because that's how my body works.
    June 30 (this morning): 212lbs! Yeah! I'm pretty much back to my all time low and I know in the next few days I'll be even lower! So excited, will I get down Under 210???

What I wanted to show you is that weight lost is not linear and lots of things are happening in your body. I will usually lose weight pretty much every day for a few days, than go up, then go down over a longer period of time (maybe 2-3 weeks) and then get lower then I was before. What helps me is to weight every day, not panic if I suddently gain a few pounds (a lot can explain that) and I only log my lowest weight. I can't wait to log something below 211.6lbs haha!

So keep doing what you,ve been doing and keep having fun doing it!

xx
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! And thanks for sharing the video. I may have to give that a try!
  • mittenswillet
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Kanyon17 wrote: »
    Hi! I just wanted to first say congrats!! and than share a little bit of my story to help you with your weight variations.
    I weight everyday. I've been doing it for a long time so I know how my body reacts and here are real numbers from June:
    June 12: 211.6lbs. So happy, my all time low! But I lost around 3 lbs in only a few days. I feel motivated! I know my weight will go up because I lost it so fast.
    June 19: I'm pretty much back to 216 lbs. I'm pissed. But I know I got to keep doing what i'm doing because that's how my body works.
    June 30 (this morning): 212lbs! Yeah! I'm pretty much back to my all time low and I know in the next few days I'll be even lower! So excited, will I get down Under 210???

What I wanted to show you is that weight lost is not linear and lots of things are happening in your body. I will usually lose weight pretty much every day for a few days, than go up, then go down over a longer period of time (maybe 2-3 weeks) and then get lower then I was before. What helps me is to weight every day, not panic if I suddently gain a few pounds (a lot can explain that) and I only log my lowest weight. I can't wait to log something below 211.6lbs haha!

So keep doing what you,ve been doing and keep having fun doing it!

xx

That's exactly what I needed to hear Kanyon........thankyou for posting this!! I KNEW I wasn't insane!!! Now it all makes sense.........you get the babe of the day award from me. x0x0x

Thanks so much for the encouragement, it really made my day.....hope you get to 211.6!!!! <3

• mittenswillet
    Options
    yr welcome jcube, its a killer workout! (as in fun but you get a good sweat )
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself too. This is better tracking than scales. Belt notches help me track too
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Measure yourself too. This is better tracking than scales. Belt notches help me track too

Good idea Sarah......I will buy a tapemeasure =)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!