Phentermine

Options
Has anyone used it to assist with weight loss?

Replies

• ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Yes I have, it was crazy. I would walk almost 20 miles a day and then spend 2 hours doing cardio and weights at the gym. I hated that it made me shaky and made my heart races some, and I couldn't sleep well. I personally wouldn't recommend it, it can be addicting and I don't think it's really that good for your body. At the time, I was desperate, but since have learned the right way to lose weight.
  • chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It was prescribed for me a few years back and I cannot recommend. Like the other poster I experienced racing heart and sleeplessness. After going off the medication all of the weight came back. Wasn't worth it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    It's a stimulant. Stimulants kill your appetite causing you to eat less. If you eat fewer calories, you'll lose weight. If you make changes to your diet and exercise and continue with them when you come off of phentermine, you'll keep the weight off. If you go back to your old habits, you'll gain the weight back. Phentermine can make it easier to transition to a new diet because you won't be able to feel hunger.
  • StaceysPaige
    Options
    Can you even get it anymore? I thought they put a ban on it. Is it back on the market?
  • reneewl
    reneewl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, Phentermine has never been banned. Only the Phen-Fen combo, which is Phentermine with Fenfluramine.
  • julietteotto
    Options
    I've taken it in the past and just started back Saturday. I've never had the racing heart it shakeup feeling. I love it. It gives me energy and I am never hungry. It effects everybody differently. It works for some and not for others. :) its worth taking a trip to the doctor though. Just keep an eye out for side effects.
  • Kai81109
    Kai81109 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Im on it now... It does not make you lose weight it makes you feel full all day and it gives you an extreme amount of energy but not the good kind.. If you have ever drank 2 or three energy drinks thats how it makes you feel. Im stopping them as soon as i see my doc again they make you feel angry all the time and your heart race and make it hard to fall asleep and stay asleep. Also they can cause a lot of health issues mainly heart issues...
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The newly approved diet drug contains phentermine in combo with topirimate. It is not a miracle drug but just another tool that works if you work with it. I continue to use it on occasion as it does help to make you more satiated with small quantities of food. I mainly use it when traveling, meal times are all mixed up and normal meals are not available.
  • kristies73
    kristies73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started it. I spent the last year losing 15 pounds the hard way. I messed up and stopped watching what I eat and exercising regularly due to stress and depression. I gained it all back in 3 months. It's so heartbreaking and depressing. I went to the doctor and she put me on Phentermine and Prozac. I will get back in control. I know how to lose the weight the hard way, but sometimes you just need a push and I hope this will work for me.