My NSV Moment today

Options
After years of inactivity, I joined the gym today after a 69 lbs weight loss.
I'm pooped, but proud as hell that I managed a plank for 20 seconds. I wouldn't have even been able to get my butt off the floor 12 months ago and for a 65 year old that once weighed in excess of 260 lbs and now down to 184, I feel that at last, I'mm getting somewhere.
Just thought I would share - If I can do it, anyone can! I'm not there yet, but it sure as hell is getting nearer!!

Replies

• Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im so glad to have you as my friend You are such an inspiration Fantasic Job Luv!!!!
  • kgoodman0108
    kgoodman0108 Posts: 158
    Options
    What a great accomplishment! I'm glad you have been able to make such a big improvement in your life. If only I could convince myself to go to the gym.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment! I'm glad you have been able to make such a big improvement in your life. If only I could convince myself to go to the gym.

You have to WANT it girlfriend - no good going if you dont want it and wont enjoy it. Exercise is a big commitment and to commit, you do have to want.

I never felt as though I wanted to exercise, but the less I weigh, the more I want it - because now it's easy.
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WOW Lal, good job!!