Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

How important is fitness to you?

Options
123457»

Replies

• zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was thinking about this as I made some fruity yogurt this morning.

A long time ago, someone (high performing athlete) made a threat in the F&N forum about the best way to get the yogurt out of a fruit-on-the-bottom container without getting ANY of the fruit. Because they wanted as close to 0 sugar as possible. Also perhaps because there were sweeteners in the fruit? I don't know.

Never mind that the whole concept was just weird and impractical -- My point is that this person was probably making micromanagerial decisions like that with their food all day long. And for me, that's about 7 bridges too far.

My current goal is to break into the top end of healthy weight for my height, get a big stronger, and train up for a 10K in the spring (already knocked 5K outta the park.)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    It's not an either/or situation.

I make time for fitness, and I make time for family.

Luckily, family and I both make time for fun, so we get to rest and relax on our own quite a bit, like the introverts most of us are.

I work part time (24 hours a week), so I get to devote quite a bit of time to fitness.

I average 20,000 steps a day, and do bodyweight/strength/stretchinig exercises most days.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    It's not an either/or situation.

I make time for fitness, and I make time for family.

Luckily, family and I both make time for fun, so we get to rest and relax on our own quite a bit, like the introverts most of us are.

I work part time (24 hours a week), so I get to devote quite a bit of time to fitness.

I average 20,000 steps a day, and do bodyweight/strength/stretchinig exercises most days.

Wait, you balance your life so you can fit in all the things?
    m3uvv4k3p5zf.jpg
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend sometimes comes to the gym with me and tries to eat healthily but I'm definitely the fitness freak in our house. Luckily she enjoys all the healthy food I cook and is always happy to eat what I'm eating, is enthusiastic to try new recipes and foods and totally 'gets' that this is my lifestyle/hobby and never questions what I'm doing or anything :) my friends and family also know what I'm like and usually I can get a healthy option at restaurants, but I do let myself take one evening off a week to enjoy a few alcoholic drinks (spirits and low cal mixer) and some chocolate so I can join in with nights out :)