Different approach

Had anyone ever tried a beyond chocolate Paul McKenna type approach of eating when hungry stopping when full, working on positive bosy image etc? Am thinking of trying as emotional eating when not hungry is a big issue for me

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Unless you eat less than your body burns, you will never lose weight. The easiest way to figure out if you're eating too much is to count calories, and especially by weighing food and measuring liquids. If you are anything like me, your body has become extremely accustomed to large amounts of food, so when you a normal portion, you will not feel full.

You can always try it if you want, and just track your progress weekly by weighing yourself to make sure you lose weight, but I would just stick with calorie counting.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    dlkfox wrote: »
    I don't know. Eating when hungry and even stopping when full got me 70 pounds overweight.

Pretty much this. The brain is a damned dirty liar when it comes to how much you actually need to eat, especially when one is already overweight. Going by feeling usually doesn't end well.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    I don't know. Eating when hungry and even stopping when full got me 70 pounds overweight.

Pretty much this. The brain is a damned dirty liar when it comes to how much you actually need to eat, especially when one is already overweight. Going by feeling usually doesn't end well.

Yeah, my brain thinks I need to eat an entire bag of pizza rolls
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Calorie counting helped me distinguish between actual hunger and thirst/boredom/emotional hunger. It helped me recognize what portion sizes fit in my calorie goals for maintenance too.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,475 Member

Yep.

And it's sneaky too ... I wasn't eating all that much and I gained my weight very gradually, so gradually I could excuse it until one day I suddenly realised I was indeed overweight.