How can i stop cravings?

Options
I get cravings for cookies or something sweet after every meal. And like 2 or 3 hours before a meal i get very ancious and cant stop thinking about it and i want to make it stop.
The only way i ever felt that way was when i get sick i get like dizzy and dont wanna eat anything.

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Patience and will power is the only way to break any habit. However, you can always leave enough calories for a small desert at the end of the day.

If you can't stop thinking about food, you may need to reevaluate your calorie limit as it may be too aggressive.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    ChaixDD wrote: »
    I get cravings for cookies or something sweet after every meal. And like 2 or 3 hours before a meal i get very ancious and cant stop thinking about it and i want to make it stop.
    The only way i ever felt that way was when i get sick i get like dizzy and dont wanna eat anything.

Ya, I have the desire for something sweet after a meal as well. This time of year I have a few strawberries after lunch. Other times of the year I have tea - more sweet than what I usually have, but not Southern style sweet. After dinner I have a Ghirardelli square that I nibble on very very slowly. Another thing that works well is 1/2 ounce (70 calories) of high quality chocolate chips that I eat one by one, letting them dissolve in my mouth until they are gone before getting another one.

For your symptoms before a meal - you may be undereating or you may not be eating satiating foods. Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings