Long story; TLDR on the bottom (:

Options
SYS15
SYS15 Posts: 17 Member
I'm Sia. I've been trying to lose weight since... probably before high school. Grew up in an... angry household. Had some hormonal issues. Topped out my heaviest weight when I was 18 at 350lbs (158.7 kg). I got sick in 2011 and had a surgery to remove stomach polyps, in short they can turn cancerous, I had great insurance at the time, doctor's wanted to remove it so I said what the hell, go for it. I was almost not allowed to have the surgery due to my weight.

After the surgery, my recovery was bad for some reason. (doctor didn't know why) I puked a lot, my hair thinned out, and I had the lovely side-effect of hypoglycemia. I'm not on any medication.

After I went through the worse of it, I noticed I had lost about 20-30lbs (9-13kg).

I used it as motivation to lose more weight. I lost 100 lbs (45 kg) in about a year and half. I plateaued for about a year at 250lbs (113 kg).

I went through some stressful situations, got on birth control and another medication and ended up putting back on 20lbs (9kg). I teeter around the 270lb(122kg) area now.

I'm having a wedding in about 2 years, I want to fit a dress I love and not a dress that fits. I want to feel better about myself. I don't want to put things on, get stressed at how I look and try to hide it. My goal is to be at 180lbs (81.6kg). It's the upper range for my BMI. According to the scale I should more-so aim at 160lbs(72.5 kg), but I have a natural broad shoulder/muscular build. Doctor said 180 would be a fine goal weight.

I started actively working out again at the beginning of May, I have eliptical'ed and cycled a collective of 87 miles (140km) since I started with some weight training on the side. I have not lost any weight, but my fiancee ensures me that I have definitely lost inches, which is good enough for me! He threw away my scale awhile ago because of how crazy I would get so my journey is hard to track.

My father's side has a history of diabetes, even the skinny ones. Both of my families have heart disease, mom's side from smoking more than anything, father's side from genetics. I'm still hypoglycemic but I've lived with it for about 4 years now and know signs to watch out for/keep emergency rations with me in case I have an 'episode.' I'd like to eliminate my chances for health problems as well.

If you have any tips/want to friend me, feel free!

TLDR; I was veeery obese. I lost 100 lbs. I gained 20 back. Trying to lose 90 to reach my goal weight for my wedding in two years. I use the elliptical a lot. 1 month and 15ish days I covered 87miles/140km with an elliptical/cycling. I'm hypoglycemic.

Replies

• stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I agree with not looking at the scale so much but measuring instead! And take pics so you can see the difference as weeks/months pass. Friend request sent!