Binged on 3000-4000 cal

I had a rough day and ate after dinner, 2 bowls of shreddies with lots of milk, lots of vanilla fro yo and a whole box of bbq cracker chips making my total net calories for today about 3000-4000. I've been able to handle my binge urges well over these past few weeks but today I wasn't feeling my best and just ate. I worked out and lost half the weight I gained from my binge eating, but will this one day do anything? I have to go up north next long weekend and I'm afraid I just put on weight with this binge

Replies

• Mrsmonas
    Mrsmonas Posts: 37 Member
    It all depends on your week. If you have done well and ate under your calorie goal up until today, then you will be fine. Tomorrow is another day.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Just because you eat a couple thousand doesn't mean it will all be converted into fat. It depends on a lot of things. Weight goes up an down all the time. You probably did slow down your weight loss but if you go right back to reduced calories the impact should be less. Extra working out is great!

Probably the biggest problem with having a binge day is it makes having another easier. Weeks of binges would have a major impact.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    It's impossible to say for sure what impact this one day's eating will have on your next weigh in - there are always lots of different things that impact on the number on the scales.

The reality though it it actually doesn't matter at this point. What's done is done, you can't go back and change it, the best you can do is go forward with a plan to try to avoid such binges.

I know that's easier said than done, but instead of getting worried about impact this one day will have, maybe you need to congratulate yourself on the "good" eating days you have had had, and focus on how you can have more of those.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Tomorrow is a new day. You can only move forward.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    You've asked similar questions multiple times for months now. Perhaps it's time you take the suggestions about seeking professional help with your restricting/binging cycles. Honestly, I'm not sure what you are hoping for from continuing to post these things. You rarely come back to address any questions or suggestions, and a few weeks later you are posting something similar again.

Please seek the help that you need, from someone who can help you to get control over your relationship with food.

This, and it's probably all that diet soda you drink that you keep asking about :wink:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    I had a rough day and ate after dinner, 2 bowls of shreddies with lots of milk, lots of vanilla fro yo and a whole box of bbq cracker chips making my total net calories for today about 3000-4000. I've been able to handle my binge urges well over these past few weeks but today I wasn't feeling my best and just ate. I worked out and lost half the weight I gained from my binge eating, but will this one day do anything? I have to go up north next long weekend and I'm afraid I just put on weight with this binge

Well, it takes 3,500 over your TDEE to gain weight. One day probably isn't gong to hurt, but that would depend on how often you eat over and by how much.

As a side note--are you getting help to deal with your binge eating? Counseling can be helpful. :)
  • mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    After going above maintenance, I usually have more energy than normal and I hit the gym extra hard
  • sc0rpi0gal
    sc0rpi0gal Posts: 32 Member
    This is what happens to me and is always the start of my binge downfall. Just move on. So you had a bad day. Stop thinking about it and tomorrow get back into it. Youll probably still lose weight if you've been sticking to your cals the rest of the week! This is what I need to tell myself when it happens to me. Instead Im always all or nothing! "Oh well I pigged out and ruined it, I'll just keep eating..." etc.
  • jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    From my experience one day will not wreck your progress. I understand, that our mind may think that. Standing on the scale really compounds this affect too.

From my binging experience, if I overeat I won't stand on the scale for 3-4 days. During these days, I get back on track with my macro goals. Plus, that anger and frustration I feel towards myself I bring to the gym. I unleash it on the weights and I wreck s***.

The whole binge and punish cycle is a hard one to beat, been there. I don't suggest punishing yourself. Instead reverse engineer your binge and understand it. Why did it happen?

Was it emotional, boredom, anger, stress relief, getting something you were craving, or something similar?

Lets work this out:)