New Hot Chocolate at San Churros - Raw Cacao Hot

Options
A new chocolate drink as of June 21st. Raw Cacoa hot chocolate. With the option of soy or almond milk too. Has anyone tried it? And dare I ask, whats the calories like? Surely lower cals than my fav, the Spanish Hot chocolate :) . If I skip one of my snacks, I can justify one :wink:

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I can't find nutrition info for that restaurant. But mfp says your old favorite had 17 grams of fat (10 grams saturated). How do they do that?
    Another item called cataines has 37 grams of fat (20g saturated) 46 grams sugar. Nice place.
    More: I would love to find the restaurants nutrition info online on this. I'm sure it would be something to behold. Possibly beating buffalo wild wings.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How can it be raw if it's hot?
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I can't find nutrition info for that restaurant. But mfp says your old favorite had 17 grams of fat (10 grams saturated). How do they do that?
    Another item called cataines has 37 grams of fat (20g saturated) 46 grams sugar. Nice place.
    More: I would love to find the restaurants nutrition info online on this. I'm sure it would be something to behold. Possibly beating buffalo wild wings.

If she enjoys it and fits it into her calorie goals there's really no reason to make a big deal about it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure why it would have less calories-- cacao has calories, coconut sugar has calories, presumably they are using the same dairy as base. But it does look delicious and I'm sure you can make room for it even if it does have as many calories as the other one.

My husband is really into chocolate. That's the kind of place he would adore -- too bad there are none near us!
  • kimbers74
    kimbers74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well I must say the drink was dissapointing. I could so replicate this drink home. (Unlike the classic spanish version.) It was ok, but not different in flavor from basic cocao & milk with just a touch of coconut. I was not expecting wow, just something that was decadent being San Churros. This drink is not it.
    As for the calories in the drink - I was just curious. I have already lost the weight, now it's just maintenance. So I can be a little more relaxed with my balance. Thanks for all replies.