Exercise Routine

Options
I just started exercising. I ride the bike about 5 miles . I lift weights and walk dogs every day. What exercise should I add to my daily routine? I'm not joined at a gym . Thank you :)

Replies

• edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Burpees , everyone loves burpees
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Burpees , everyone loves burpees

Hahah, love. That's a strong word for burpees.
  • achantee
    achantee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    High intensity interval training (aka HIIT). It's great for burning fat, and you burn more calories in a shorter amount of time, meaning you don't have to run 5 miles! An example would be warming up for 5 minutes with a brisk walk, then doing 20-45 second sprints at the highest speed you can take, and then recovering for 30-60 seconds (or more if needed at first). Do that about 8 times, and you will be pooped! You will also continue to burn calories for serveral hours after. The whole purpose of intervals is to do short burst of a high intensity activity (burpees would count), then having a short recovery. Good luck! :wink:
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    Why not join a gym... great motivation and you will meet similar people. If not get a dvd or on demand and
    act like your at a gym. Riding a bike 5 miles is ok but I think you would be better off running the 5 miles or walking
    fast.
  • makenzie1997
    makenzie1997 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Square Running! You set up markers in a square about 20 yards in between each of them! You can sprint around them or mix it up and do cross overs or slides/ Shuffles! They are a great work out to do if you have a big yard or if you have a football field close to you! My dad and have started doing them! We set stop watches and try to beat our times each time around! Hope this helps!