Trigger warning. Guys only!

Options
13»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    So, after I got done working out today (stretches, then cardio on the bike) I noticed that my penis felt like someone was grabbing it. Mostly at the tip. Has this happened to anyone? Years ago I used to workout 2 hours a day and this never happened. What do you think is going on?

Why hasn't anyone said the obvious yet?

Because we'd get warnings with points?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    So, after I got done working out today (stretches, then cardio on the bike) I noticed that my penis felt like someone was grabbing it. Mostly at the tip. Has this happened to anyone? Years ago I used to workout 2 hours a day and this never happened. What do you think is going on?

Why hasn't anyone said the obvious yet?

Because we'd get warnings with points?

this. And i've already got two :open_mouth:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe there's a feminist out there who understands.

Hi, feminist here.

"Trigger warning" is for things like rape, death, eating disorders, suicide, and so forth. "Trigger", fwiw, meaning they can trigger traumatic flashbacks, panic attacks, an urge to harm themselves, etc. They can be very individual and often unique to a certain person (I had a friend who was triggered by music from a particular band because their rapist played it all the time), but generally it's not appropriate to use "trigger warning" as a synonym for anything other than its intended meaning.

You don't post "trigger warning" for a penis. I appreciate your intent, but in the future it would be more appropriate to post something like, perhaps "NSFW" (I'm surprised my work computer didn't block this post due to it having mention of genitals) or "personal question" or something.

This is my understanding of the proper use of 'trigger warning' as well - you beat me to it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Are you circumcised ?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    lol "some feminist" and "the triggering".... I watch so many funny videos based on that whole mess and omg I laugh so hard. But that's beside the point lol.

I'm an egalitarian, married, and know me some male anatomy. ;) and the whole thing about having the correct type of bicycle seat is right on. A lot of men *and* women sustain genital injury by bicycle seats that aren't right for their anatomy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    My tip, bicycle shorts!! LOL
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Jams009 wrote: »
    I'm confused about what this would be triggering. Can't help you OP though, sorry. I've never had that.

Some might find it a sensitive topic:

7cbsmlrcb6pv.jpg

Is this the promo for the new Ex-Men movie?
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on cycling, get yourself to a good bike shop that knows how to fit you to your bike. You may need a new seat, or you may just need some adjustments to your fit.
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That's not the only bicycle issue for men.
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Its penisitus, sorry OP your days as a man are numbered...

Actually it's just slightoss of circulation and nothing to worry about it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    This thread is the best thing I've read all day. Granted I've only been up for an hour and a half. But considering I'm studying for a test regarding the State and Federal funding for Statewide transportation my standards are quite low but I'll effing take it.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Brooks makes a great saddle that helps with Perineum issues. That is exactly what that is... Perineum issues.

We do need the special seat for extended rides... Or at least a proper saddle. Guy issues
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

I really don't understand what the problem is. Wouldn't this be a reason to do more workouts of this nature???