Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

introduction with quetion

Hello, my name is Patricia I have been using My Fitness Pal for a couple of months now. I thought I would introduce myself. I have lost 20 lbs. since starting with My Fitness Pal and Fit Bit combined. I am super excited about my progress and would like to read about others progress as well.
I was also going to ask a question to those who use Fit Bit. My Fitness Pal and Fit Bit were working well together for a while and then started having some issues with syncing between the two programs. I figured everything out except why My Fitness Pal isn't receiving the calories burned from Fit Bit and calculating the earned calories from exercise. Also, My Fitness Pal isn't syncing the correct amount of calories from food to Fit Bit. I was wondering if anyone else is having similar issues.
Thanks

Replies

• themagicalmatt
    themagicalmatt Posts: 39 Member
    I have the same issue so I just use them separate and keep my goals separate than having the math all crazy. It's a pain but eh
  • Hi, thanks for the reply. I am going to just go back to tracking my calories under My Fitnesspal and just keeping it under a certain amount, I guess. I read that there is an issue they are trying to fix. Something I also found was kind of interesting is that I didn't wear my Fitbit at all yesterday ( I left it sitting on my table), but it was showing that I was burning calories throughout the day. I wondered if it actually tracked things the way it is supposed to.
  • luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    I think the fitbut calculates the amount of calories you burn just in daily metabolic functions - if you were to lay in a bed and not move at all, you burn a certain amount of calories just in the daily function of your cells and tissues. That's probably what you're seeing.