Tips To Lose The Final 15 LBS

Options
Hey everyone, so I feel like I'm near the end of my goal. I started as a 315 pound 18 year old, and am now 194 pounds and almost 20. I feel that once I get to 180 pounds, I want to gain lean muscle and not look too skinny. My goal is for abs, and I feel I'm down to the final 15 pounds. Any tips on how to lose these final pounds? Thank you!

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on the weight loss! :) Patience is key. The last few pounds are typically the slowest to come off. Being really tight with your logging is key as there's little wiggle room. A weight-trending app (if you're not using one already) can help you understand the fluctuations from day to day. This can be really helpful as those variations are natural, but can be really discouraging when you're looking at .5/lbs per week of loss at most. If you know what to expect, and can see the overall picture, you're less likely to get frustrated.

Just keep doing what you're doing! You've made amazing progress and you can get those last few pounds to go bye-bye, all in good time.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Do the math and figure out what your maintenance is, and then shoot for a 250 calorie deficit a day. Weigh your food and log accurately. I would also recommend you hit your protien goal daily. Good luck!