Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is this true?

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    No validity whatsoever. But I can appreciate that it's motivating to some people
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2016
    It took me 2 months and 35 pounds for folks to begin to notice. ...which kinda applies. Everyone is different tho
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    No
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    I think "the rest of the world" notices sooner than family and friends. My boyfriend and coworkers see me everyday and it took a while to notice, but my hair dresser and waxer noticed after a month because they only see me once a month.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Also depends on how tall you are. I'm 6'2 and it takes a lot more pounds before anyone notices.
  • dmiivanov
    dmiivanov Posts: 49 Member
    Is it true? Of course! Except for one minor detail: it takes actually 9 weeks for your friends to notice.. ;) so keep going! The numbers are in the right ballpark
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    the only thing that is true>>> Keep going!!!
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Who cares? Only the first and last statements truly matter.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2016
    I had lost 50lbs (on the road to taking it off again), when I see my photos now, I really see the difference, at the time I didn't notice as it's a slow process
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    It's close enough. What you really want is to show up to a party or family reunion where no one there has seen you for six months and watch their jaws drop and enjoy the attention you'll get all night.