Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Over Daily Calories but Just worked out - Eat or Don't Eat?

cclorentz91
cclorentz91 Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2016 in Debate Club
I'm over my daily calorie intake and have just completed a workout. I have always been told that when you lift or do cardio you're supposed to eat before the anabolic window closes. Should I be eating if I'm already over my daily intake amount, if so, what should I be eating? My goal is to lose weight. Any suggestions or advice?
Thank you in advance

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Sounds like bro-science. Eat most or all your calories back at anytime. Meal timing is personal preference.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Are you hungry? Eat something small. If you're over your calorie intake for the day, did you exercise gain you back some calories?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I'm over my daily calorie intake and have just completed a workout. I have always been told that when you lift or do cardio you're supposed to eat before the anabolic window closes. Should I be eating if I'm already over my daily intake amount, if so, what should I be eating? My goal is to lose weight. Any suggestions or advice?
    Thank you in advance

If "they" knew how long that window actually is or how little difference nutrient timing makes then "they" might stop saying such silly things.

So eat if you want to (you don't have to eat exactly the same level every day, a weekly goal is fine), eat what fits into your overall diet the best.

If your goal is "to lose weight" you are majoring in the very, very minors.

The big muscular guys got that way through their training and dedication over a long period - not by glugging a protein shake within 29.5 minutes of finishing their workout.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    The big muscular guys got that way through their training and dedication over a long period - not by glugging a protein shake within 29.5 minutes of finishing their workout.

But most of them think they did.