HELP!!! So hungry.

2»

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I've always been told by nutritionist not to drink you're food, meaning meal replacement shakes. Make sure you eat carbs for breakfast and lunch and none after lunch. You're body needs carbs to help you have energy. Healthy carbs though, like oatmeal and brown rice. Always carry fruit with you for a snack incase you're getting hungry. If you eat light all day like your use to, your body will go into starvation mode and store that food as fat foe energy, so don't be afraid to eat.
    Add me if you'd like. I get a lot of my advice from nutritionist and fitness exsperts.

Annnd. Just ignore all this.

I'm just quoting and giving advice that my nutritionist gave me when I was overweight and try to loose weight fast. I was told no carbs after 3pm. And the carbs I do consume had to be healthy carbs.

I hope you didn't have to pay that "nutritionist" because there is no science behind any of those recommendations. It's a matter of opinion what is classified as "healthy." And your body cannot tell time. And that whole starvation mode thing, yeah, nope.
  • crystalmgriff
    crystalmgriff Posts: 23 Member
    Yes ma'am I did have to pay him. He based everything off my fitness level and lifestyle. At the time I was mainly active during the day so he wanted me to consume carbs during the day. And since I was lazy in the evening to not consume them. Along with that I was in a habit of eating once a day (evening) and he said I've gained weight due to my body storing that food, because I wasn't eating much all day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    lol
  • crystalmgriff
    I'm guessing I should start taking you guys advice when I have questions and concerns about health. Thanks.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I'm guessing I should start taking you guys advice when I have questions and concerns about health. Thanks.
    Have read any of the stickies at the top of the boards lots of good info.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1
  • crystalmgriff
    Yes ma'am I did have to pay him. He based everything off my fitness level and lifestyle. At the time I was mainly active during the day so he wanted me to consume carbs during the day. And since I was lazy in the evening to not consume them. Along with that I was in a habit of eating once a day (evening) and he said I've gained weight due to my body storing that food, because I wasn't eating much all day.

I'm assuming money was wasted. Should have just come on my fitness pal years ago. Lol. But I did loose weight.
  • crystalmgriff
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Have read any of the stickies at the top of the boards lots of good info.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

I haven't ever been to this part of my fitness pal but will definitely check it out. Thanks so much.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    ashleytaft wrote: »
    I'm really not sure how to know what I should be eating. I've cut out sodas, and bread unless it's whole grain, and no fast food. I know that's good but I am at 278 and I can't go any higher. I'm tired all the time and I'm always in some sort of pain. I have a lot of headaches. I am HOT all the time. Mostly though I can't stand the way I look. I want to get down to 150-160 and is love to build some lean muscle. I'm just screwed when it comes to food. That's always been my biggest problem.

Headaches and fatigue can both be signs that your body isn't getting enough calories (though they can be signs of lots of other things as well). It does take time to figure out how to eat well, but imo that time is well spent since it will also help you learn how to eat once you reach your goals and transition into maintenance.

Anyway, I gave my tips and I won't belabor the point any further. I'd suggest reading the link I posted, reading through some of the stickied "must reads" posts at the top of each forum section, and working to find a balance that works better for you. But if you believe you're already screwed when it comes to food, then you've defeated yourself before you've even started.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member

I'm assuming money was wasted. Should have just come on my fitness pal years ago. Lol. But I did loose weight.

Eh. We've all wasted money at some point, and hey-you did lose. But having a good idea of how the body actually loses and maintains weight based on your calorie intake and expenditure is a tool that can help you not only lose, but maintain that loss for life.

As for having carbs earlier in the day...I mean, athletes and lifters might like to have carbs near workouts, but really the timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Some people even prefer to carb backload and eat the majority before bed. As long as you're in a deficit, you lose weight.

• crystalmgriff
    arditarose wrote: »

Eh. We've all wasted money at some point, and hey-you did lose. But having a good idea of how the body actually loses and maintains weight based on your calorie intake and expenditure is a tool that can help you not only lose, but maintain that loss for life.

As for having carbs earlier in the day...I mean, athletes and lifters might like to have carbs near workouts, but really the timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Some people even prefer to carb backload and eat the majority before bed. As long as you're in a deficit, you lose weight.

I was also told that people who are already fit and are maintaining need carbs before bed bc they burn more fat faster than someone overweight. But idk. Thanks for all the advice and I'll check out some of those tools.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    I don't believe the no carbs at night thing, I eat carbs at night (mostly good carbs like romaine and broccoli) and I'm very lazy at night, but the weight is still coming off.

My mom eats even more carbs at night then me because of liver issues and shes losing weight too lol.