I'm Lazy!

Options
2»

Replies

• nikkivong
    nikkivong Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm really lazy too.. been so my whole life... what really helped me start was just logging in the food and having a group of friends do the same (accountability) and then making a decision to get off my *kitten* and get to the gym.. once i started.. it got really easy.. the first two weeks were tough because I've always hated any type of exercise but now I look forward to going to the gym as much as I can and feel awesome afterwards! Now after five weeks, I have more energy than I've ever had and feel much more accomplished every day than I ever have!

Good luck!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    You enjoy sitting...have you considered sitting on an exercise ball? A friend has switched from sitting in her comfy chair to watch tv or use the computer to sitting on the wibbly wabbly exercise ball. It's a very small change, but it does require a bit more balance.
  • Darksidekennels
    Options
    ME TOO! but something is better than nothing ,start small,walk to the corner,then to the next corner and soon you will be around the block (set a goal a realistic one).
    4 months later 2miles a day and 30lbs ligther
    my next goal is 2.5 miles
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's summer with weather too good to waste. Your children should be active outdoors because there are plenty of rainy and cold nasty days during the year (at least where I live). Take a walk with your kids and take a camera with you to take pics of great things you see. Make it fun, Walk backwards for a while, weave side to side, run from here to the next pole. Get out the skates or roller blades and have some fun at a park or on a trail. How about a scooter. Those are great fun and they aren't just for kids. Then there are bikes. All of these things are so much fun to do as a family. Always take pictures. Have a Wii? Use it for exercise. Get the kids involved.

Being lazy is a choice. Children remember what you do with them. Get off your butt and make some memories!
  • Mskitty86
    Mskitty86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YAY I'm not the only lazy one!! Thanks so much for reaching out. This is 99.9% mental and if I can change my attitude ( like I tell my kids ALL the time) it can really make all the difference.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This isn't anything new or ground breaking material here.. I'm lazy.. always have been

Today is my 15 days of logging in. Last week was pretty obselete.. but today is a new day and I'm going to continue on.

What is new, to me at least, is that I find I'm eating so I don't have to do anything else.. I'm still doing something right?!? (just coming to that realization)

It's been a cycle all my life, and I WANT to break it.

Next step is how?!?
    Ok.. keep myself busy, well that's where i'm just LAZY! I dont' want to do anything. It's sad but I'm very content with doing nothing.

I'm not depressed, I work and have 2 kids. So, I'm really a referee at night. I help keep them occupied, break up fights and when there busy playing I sit.. and sit.. and sit.

So now I'm sitting here thinking of how to end this post.. ask for help? tips? Not completely sure what I'm looking for but I think this is almost like standing in the middle on nowhere shouting at the top of my lungs IM LAZY!! getting it out there so I can move forward.

Thanks for listening

and I know .. just get off your butt and move!!

Often times the food you eat contributes to being lazy. Focus on eating healthy food and you may find yourself more anxious to go do something. Sometimes all it takes is 1-2 days of forcing yourself to do just a little to get you revved up.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Everyone who logs on here (to lose weight, not to bulk up) starts out as a lazy couch potato. That's why we logged on. Obviously you want to make some changes, or you wouldn't be on here. So here's my advice (sorry if it's harsh, but) quit complaining, get off your butt, and start doing something about it! Instead of shouting I'm lazy, start shouting some positive things to yourself and make the change.

Btw- I work out in front of my tv all the time, and it's awesome. I watch my shows while I'm doing my sidebends and crunches and jumping jacks and all those easy at home exercises.
  • NuWaveFitness
    NuWaveFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy, too. I decided to suck it up and start working out, though, and it became easier. I'm lazy, do my 30 minute workout, and then go back to being lazy again.

that sounds optimal indeed
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy, too. I decided to suck it up and start working out, though, and it became easier. I'm lazy, do my 30 minute workout, and then go back to being lazy again.

that sounds optimal indeed

Well done resurrecting a zombie thread!
  • NuWaveFitness
    NuWaveFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    least we arent zombie lazy