I've gained weight

I thought I was doing better. I know it wasn't as bad as I was eating and being lazy before but I can honestly say I eat fairly healthier than I was a few weeks ago and I put in the least 3 days a week workout. Whether it be cardio or weights. Just went to the doctor and I've gained 5 pounds in 3 weeks. I don't understand it.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Do you only weigh at your doctor's office, you don't have a scale at home?
  • crystalmgriff
    crystalmgriff Posts: 23 Member
    Unfortunately I don't have one.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    When at the doctor's office, I assume you have eaten and have food and water in you gut plus you would be wearing clothing. Right there would be about 5 pounds of weight give or take.

My body weight fluctuates daily sometimes as much as 3 three pounds.
  • crystalmgriff
    I appreciate the positive outlook on it. Thank you. I have been doing some weight training a couple days a week as well, but wasn't quite sure if that could have an effect.
  • ofcsfoster36
    ofcsfoster36 Posts: 50 Member
    I flipped one day, I weighed myself at work and thought I gained 10lbs in two days. But I remembered that at home I weigh with very little on. At work I had my boots and clothes. When weighing for weight try to always do it on an empty stomach and usually the same time of day. I do mine first thing in the morning when I wake up. This help you better track any gains or losses.
  • crystalmgriff
    Yes. I need to go by target and get a scale asap.