Replies

• nballos77
    nballos77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Great work!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That is a great loss for six months! Can you tell what your eating looked like on most days? What were some changes you implemented and any exercise?

@alltheweigh170 - Thank you. I would say the biggest factor/kick start for me was giving up drinking for the first 10 weeks. I consistently lost 10 pounds per month for the first 3 months. It's slowed down since...but I'm actually going to quit again for the next 30 days (with probably the exception of July 4th). Partly because drinking really throws me off my game, partly because, honestly, I drink way too much, and partly because I'm going to see my family next month and I'd like to be 50 pounds down.

I basically eat whatever I want, just within my caloric range (anywhere between 1300-1600 calories). I like to cook so it's been fun to try new things. I buy a lot of my groceries at Trader Joe's. They have an excellent gnocchi in their frozen section that I pair with their chicken sausage. I also make pizza with their frozen naan, tomato sauce, light cheese and lots of veggies or turkey pepperoni.

As far as exercise, I really just walk as much as I can. I wish I would have implemented weights into my routine when I started, as I'm quite flabby, but I'm working on it.

It's honestly been helpful to me to post this as I have gotten quite off track lately. It's very true that weight loss isn't linear, so I'm not going to beat myself up, but sometimes a good wake up call is exactly what we need.

Best of luck in your journey!

Thanks! It helps to see that you didn't have to do a major overhaul, just some small changes have led to a great weight loss. Gives those of us still trying to lose weight hope. :-)
  • dahliagrower11
    dahliagrower11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great work - you look fantastic!
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Congratulations and keep it up! You'll be at your goals quicker than you think!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Wowza! Nice job :)
  • LessToLoveTexas
    LessToLoveTexas Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    65jz9vbz13qh.jpg

I've been an MFP member for 130 days and have lost 44.2 pounds. It feels amazing! I'm amazed everyday at the new things I can accomplish. I am a firm believer in "You can do whatever you set your mind to"! Good job on your weight loss! I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be and then a long road of maintaining once I get there. We can do it though!
    Me.jpg 48.2K
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    @Csgs424 Great work!! You look wonderful.
  • nowolga
    nowolga Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    40 pounds is a lot! That is amazing! I can't wait to be in your shoes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!