Has anyone had any success on the shakeology or the 21 day fix?

Options
nicnoahshaun
nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
Just wanted to hear from those who have tried the Shakeology and or the 21 day fix.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has dropped a good deal of weight using 21 Day Fix. She hasn't been doing the shakes much but I think she's on round 3 or 4 of the meal/exercise plan. It works for her.

Personally I don't find it worth the cost. I'm doing just fine weighing and counting calories and I still get to eat all the foods I love without damaging my wallet.
  • MrsPaquin
    MrsPaquin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have many friends who have had great success with the 21 Day Fix. I bought the program and haven't started yet, plan to start tomorrow.
    I hope to have success with it too.
  • nicnoahshaun
    Options
    I haven't ordered it yet but plan on this week. How long does it take to get it once you oder it? Do they start the 30 days once you get it or the day you oder it?
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my shakes and 21 day fix extreme yesterday. I am super excited to try it. I know it's a little spendy but I look at it as having a stepping stone in the right direction, an opportunity to learn more before venturing on my own.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You don't need shakeology or coloured containers - the exercise programs are good....
  • nicnoahshaun
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    DON'T order 21 Day Fix. If you're interested in the plan, all the information you need is on Pinterest for FREE. It's a very inflexible rip-off of the old Weight Watchers Exchanges program.

Buy some cheap dollar store containers & mark the measurement line (on the outside) with a Sharpie.

Measurements - make your own containers:
    1-1/4 Cup Green—Vegetables
    1 Cup Purple—Fruit
    ¾ Cup Red—Protein
    ½ Cup Yellow—Carbohydrates, starches
    1/3 Cup Blue—Healthy Fats and Cheese
    2 Tbls Orange—Seeds and Oils

1200-1499 Calories: 3 Greens, 2 Purples, 4 Reds, 2 Yellows, 1 Blue, 1 Orange
    1500-1799 Calories: 4 Greens, 3 Purples, 4 Reds, 3 Yellows, 1 Blue, 1 Orange

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

thanks for the info. But does the Pinterest have any shakeology recipe? that is one of the reasons I'm trying it. I know it isn't cheep!
  • ehrenlynae7
    ehrenlynae7 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like the Beachbody workout programs - I've done 21 Day Fix, T25 and currently doing Insanity Max 30. Did the containers but prefer calorie counting. I don't like meal plans where certain foods are off limits...to strict and I end up binging. I did order the Shakeology but it is too expensive (IMO) to continue and I won't reorder when my current supply is gone.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    DON'T order 21 Day Fix. If you're interested in the plan, all the information you need is on Pinterest for FREE. It's a very inflexible rip-off of the old Weight Watchers Exchanges program.

Buy some cheap dollar store containers & mark the measurement line (on the outside) with a Sharpie.

Measurements - make your own containers:
    1-1/4 Cup Green—Vegetables
    1 Cup Purple—Fruit
    ¾ Cup Red—Protein
    ½ Cup Yellow—Carbohydrates, starches
    1/3 Cup Blue—Healthy Fats and Cheese
    2 Tbls Orange—Seeds and Oils

1200-1499 Calories: 3 Greens, 2 Purples, 4 Reds, 2 Yellows, 1 Blue, 1 Orange
    1500-1799 Calories: 4 Greens, 3 Purples, 4 Reds, 3 Yellows, 1 Blue, 1 Orange

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

thanks for the info. But does the Pinterest have any shakeology recipe? that is one of the reasons I'm trying it. I know it isn't cheep!

I tried Shakeology a looooong time ago, when I was gullible. It's pretty much worthless. They (BB) are great at marketing it, but it's not worth it.
  • getfit_fritch26
    getfit_fritch26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tried Shakeology and really didn't feel any of wonderful/magical feelings promised. It tasted fine, I felt fine, but to me it was no different than taking a multivitamin and drinking a protein shake.

As far as the 21 Day Fix goes - I LOVE the workouts. They are quick and I genuinely feel like I am getting a lot of work done in only 30 minutes. That being said, it's basically HITT. So if you want to save money find some HIIT workouts online. I don't use the containers anymore because I don't like not knowing my calories, and it was pretty restrictive when it came to quick or easy meals.
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    "thanks for the info. But does the Pinterest have any shakeology recipe? that is one of the reasons I'm trying it. I know it isn't cheep!"
    It's touted as the healthiest meal of the day, but I didn't lose weight. I wound up being diagnosed with diabetes after using it (coincendental), and find that it has way too much sugar and carbs for a diabetic. PM me if you want my left over bags
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I saw a knock-off set of containers at Wal-mart the other day for $10. If you really want to go the container route then I would purchase them there instead of through BB. It just seems like too much work and cleaning of tupperware for me. I would purchase a food scale and log here on MFP instead.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I know a girl from high school who's cut about 30 pounds of with Shakeology. I have told her repeatedly that there are much cheaper ways to do the exact same thing, and even given many ideas. Meh, whatever, her money to piss away.
  • dbcolosky
    dbcolosky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost 28lbs last year with this program, but after the program I got complacent started eating my stress away. I'm now working the body beast program and have lost 11lbs thus far. It works great if you commit to it.
  • renitamcphrsn14
    renitamcphrsn14 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I lost about 65 pounds last yr in about 6 months with the exercise part of this program. I just combined it with my fitness pal and it worked great. I just had a baby 2.5 months ago so I'm just now getting back started. Hoping to see some of those great results again!
  • pcsd203
    pcsd203 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I haven't done the 21 day fix. I know a few girls at work that do love it. The ones that used the containers, they said it really helped them realize how much they were eating and has helped them to control their portions. All of them did end up losing weight. I do T25, Hip Hop Abs and Body Beast. I started with T25 in April and lost 25 pounds, now adding in more workouts. 21 day fix workout to me is a great workout for some, you just have to find the workout that matches you. I know a few hate the getting up and down, one has heart issues and she said it made her BP go up. She is now doing the hammer and chisel, haven't done that one yet. I hate Cardio and love weights. But I know I need cardio so picked a few I like.

I am a shakeo drinker. I am a major chocoholic. It cut down my snack cravings. I tried several others and wanted a candy bar within an hour. lol But honestly with the shakeo... I don't. I typically have it in the morning with toast or an egg type breakfast. If I get a strong craving I may not beat in the evening, I fix a small shakeo and it satisfies me.
  • allisonmercado
    allisonmercado Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the 21 day fix with shakeology and the containers are helpful if you really don't know what you should be eating but I like this app much better. The excersize videos are great and I love that most are 30 minutes but I've bought others online or at the store that I like just as much. The actual shakes are great protein shakes but the cost is astronomical for the fact that even if you wanted to go that route, you could go to your local health food store and choose a top of the line protein shake that would cost 1/2 the price.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!