Scared to raise my goal weight

Options
2»

Replies

• luckyshilling
    Options
    I have found that a lot of people don't really know what weight loss is going to look like on the body either. When I lost 12lbs (which is a whole pant size for my short @ss) NO ONE even noticed. These where the same people that told me my goal of losing 30lbs was too much. So, yeah, people's ears and eyes and brains do not always agree. Make up your own mind cuz you are the one who gets to enjoy you naked the most. :drinker:
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    As long as your healthy go for it. Like luckyshilling said people can't really visual what that weight will look like on you. And besides it's none of thier business anyway.
  • shannonmarie752487
    Options
    I think if a lower weight is within your healthy weight range, you should go for it.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Get where you feel your best. Don't worry about people saying you-re going too far--so often it's out of jealousy or lack of knowledge. Feel great about yourself and be healthy!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thank you all ALOT for the support.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    Yes. I started at 340 lbs. And my goal was to get to 200 lbs. When I got to 200 lbs., I wasn't completely happy with my results and I wanted to keep going. And I have kept going, but I haven't really told anyone I'm continuing to lose weight. I'm at 174 now and I feel really good. But, I don't think it's anyones business to tell me to stop losing weight. It's my life and my body. And I want to continue until I feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm not being unhealthy. I am not even at a healthy BMI yet. I just do my own thing.

So, ummm....you know you are the bomb, right? Ok, just checking.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Are your family overweight? Because this is very, very common in overweight families -- you sort of become acclimatized to the heaviness and when someone is an actual normal weight they look unreasonably lean.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    I say do what works for you! I have girlfriends that tell me that I better not get skinnier than them. UM excuse me, I have been the fat friend for years time to pass the torch. I started my journey at 223lbs, got down to 179 and then got pregnant (12 weeks post delivery and have 19lbs to go to reach 179 again woop woop). Trying to get back down to the 170's and then we will see, because its MY choice. And if they are that worried then they need to get their lazy butts to the gym! You have accomplished so much dont let them rain on your parade!! Get it girl!

Our numbers are pretty similar. And yea I have always been the fat friend and the fat younger sister (my sister has never had a problem letting me know that, ironically as I have lost weight she has put on 10) Thanks for the advice. Congrats on being a new mommy and keeping your sexy!!!!