Working and eating late

Options
I've heard over and over again that eating late is bad for you. What can you do to remedy this when you don't get home until 9-10pm at night?

Replies

• GirlonBliss
    GirlonBliss Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi! I accidentally posted twice and can't seem to delete this one - have a look a couple posts below :)
  • adoette
    adoette Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Realize that its a myth?

I work nights, is all of my eating bad for me?

The whole, don't eat after 7pm thing is meant to help decrease mindless nighttime snacking. If the snacking isn't a problem, eat when you please.

Also, if you do decide to adhere to this rather arbitrary rule, consider it as 4 hours before bedtime rather than just a particular time of day.
  • GirlonBliss
    GirlonBliss Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Warm vegetable soup is a great option - it can be filling without being too much for your body to digest while sleeping. If you want to add more protein, opt for beans which are also easier to digest before bed than animal protein which takes longer.

A lot of people try having raw salads or fruit before bed thinking that it is low cal and quick to digest, but most raw foods "cool off" the body so what winds up happening is you might feel tired for bed but your brain is switched on. So, opting for warm/cooked veggies is really going to help your body calm down before bed and sleep better.

You can even add in more warming ingredients such as ginger or other spices. :)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Eating late at night will have no effect on your weight loss. Your digestive system works day and night. It can cause indigestion or heart burn going to bed soon after a meal though, so maybe have something small and make sure it's a few hours before you go to bed.