400 Rep Circuit

Options
In an effort to burn out my remaining glycogen stores before the big Bday overindulgence Wednesday I'm going to attempt this 400rep circuit I found on Bodybuilding.com. I'm going to attempt it this morning and again on Tuesday morning. It is as follows:

Push-ups: 50reps
Jump Squats: 50reps
Australian Pull-ups: 50reps
Bench Hops: 50reps (25/side)
Neutral Grip Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 50reps
Dumbbell Squats: 50reps
Renegade Dumbbell Rows: 50reps (25/side)
Push-ups: 50reps

This will be performed in a 14hr fasted state. Even if can't finish all 50reps for an exercise at once I'll do as many as I can, take a brief rest, and continue until the set is complete.

Any thoughts and/or questions?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Yes, how heavy are the weights and what is bodyweight? I did some full bodyweight workouts like this in the past. 8x50 reps is 8x3-4 minutes max I'd think. For my 125lbs it's probably something like 200kcal.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Well the Dumbbells will be really light, I'm thinking #15's or #20's. And my bodyweight is at 139.3lbs this morning
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Don't drive to the gym.
    If you have ever "hit the wall" / "bonked" you would know how awful you feel plus mental confusion and loss of coordination.
    Ever seen a marathon runner staggering around like they are drunk? Or a cyclist forgetting to unclip his feet when he stops?

I would be far easier and quicker to just do cardio but glycogen exhaustion is a very, very strange thing to aim for.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i'm confused as to why your goal is to burn through as much glycogen as you can before feasting. I personally think fasting, maybe some HIIT, should be more than enough to account for whatever calorie goal (within reason here) you plan on consuming.

Again, I personally would rather focus my efforts for these strength movements by lifting within actual strength ranges. if i want to do cardio i'm going to do something like running, swimming, etc. Just my personal preferance because i don't find performing hundreds of reps of these exercises enjoyable (nor do i think it's necessary).

If you want to go for it, then do it! But i'm curious behind the rationale of wanting to go ham and over-exert yourself for seemingly no reason.
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Don't drive to the gym.
    If you have ever "hit the wall" / "bonked" you would know how awful you feel plus mental confusion and loss of coordination.
    Ever seen a marathon runner staggering around like they are drunk? Or a cyclist forgetting to unclip his feet when he stops?

I would be far easier and quicker to just do cardio but glycogen exhaustion is a very, very strange thing to aim for.

I don't drive...anywhere...period. My gym partner drove. And I am a very, very, strange person to aim for that ; )
  • DresdenSinn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Again, I personally would rather focus my efforts for these strength movements by lifting within actual strength ranges. if i want to do cardio i'm going to do something like running, swimming, etc. Just my personal preferance because i don't find performing hundreds of reps of these exercises enjoyable (nor do i think it's necessary).

If you want to go for it, then do it! But i'm curious behind the rationale of wanting to go ham and over-exert yourself for seemingly no reason.

I've already done all that leading up to this which is just the final 2wks. And I enjoy doing things most people do not just for the sake and challenge of doing them!

• DresdenSinn
    Options
    Well...it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated even in my depleted/de-carbohydrated state. I did have to take some brief rests here and there but I got through every exercise for 50 reps in about 15min. Not only that..but I went through the entire circuit again for 25reps each w/out resting and then...did 20min of Treadmill Intervals!

Unfortunately my gym partner didn't even make it through the entire 50rep sets but he did join me in the Treadmill Intervals. I look forward to another go at it Tuesday.