Protein Powder - Choosing One

Options
So, I have used a few protein powders and not noticed a huge difference in them. I know there are many types that are made with different ingredients for different purposes and it all seems overwhelming. I was just wondering if anyone knows the best way to figure out which one is right for me. I workout up to 7 days per week (usually 3-5 days), I try and get most of my protein from meat and yogurt but sometimes I need some help. I do things like weight training, Taekwondo, Softball, running, skiing/snowboarding (in winter) and biking. Just making sure I am giving my body what it needs or if it really matters which one I use. Thanks for the help!!! ~Mer

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    If you're only looking to get extra protein, then go with one you like the taste of. I just get a whey protein isolate at my grocery store. Don't really need it for anything but the protein as I don't get quite enough. I aim for 100 but usually can only manage 65-70g with my diet.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    my go to seems to be the gold standard whey protein.. pretty clean protein, and affordable. mixes well, and tastes good
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    oh yeah btw.. you dont really need to spend money on protein powder.. if you would rather eat all your protein, then go for it.. at the end of the day, its just a supplement to help you reach your protein intake daily goal
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have enough unopened jugs of protein powders to last through a zombie apocalypse! I don't really know what to tell you, I guess like capaul42 said, find an affordable one that tastes good to you but that could take some trial and error. I like Syntha-6 Cinnamon Bun Flavored, have about 4 or 5 containers of that ; )'
  • drjeffreyreynolds
    drjeffreyreynolds Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Use EAS Lean Chocolate pretty successfully.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Consider buying it from a store instead of something online.
    Stores like walmart and target will let you return it, no questions, as long as you have the receipt in case you don't like the taste
    Opinion: The best is ON Gold Standard. Not all walmarts carry it. Walmart has Pure Protein, which I like. Very affordable. I use a cheap $14 mixer/blender and I mix it with skim milk.