Givin this one more try

Options
Back on here again at several failed attempts. First time I used this message board. I am a single mom with a child of special needs. Planned healthy dinners can be a challenge at time since routine is very important at times.. Looking for healthy tips that we both can enjoy.. dont like fish by the way...

Replies

• andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I try to do some meal prep the night before after my kids are in bed. I also like using my crock pot when I can.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    The secret for me is batch cooking. I set aside a weekend afternoon every couple of weeks and make several dishes, portioning single servings out into containers. Then during the week, I only have to prepare veggies. I can keep my week day routines, attend to my work, and not have an excuse to order pizza or do carry out.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    There are lots of people who have to try a bunch of times before they achieve their goals. Good for you for not giving up and trying again. I think just starting the process of tracking what you eat can be revealing and motivating. Best of luck to you!
  • Designer20698
    Designer20698 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like slow cooker meals that I can create a few dinners with. Try "Slender Kitchen" website, they have some fabulous recipes. I also make a menu for the week and only shop for items I'll need for each week. Chop, clean and prep what you can on the shopping day makes life a lot easier for the week. And bonus, you don't have to decide what's for dinner each night...already done! Hope this helps.
  • momdebbie2016
    momdebbie2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm mom to a special needs child (well now adult) who has Autism. He has to be watched every moment, so I know how hard it is. Routine is big here as well. I'm trying again as well and am trying some of the tips posted by others here. I'm eating mainly according to the Caldwell Essylsten program from Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease which is strict. It's Vegan so fish isn't an issue. No oil either which I thought would be really hard but now I love my new salad dressings, glazes and more without oil. It's a life changer.

Today is Sunday. My son is at his Dad's this weekend, so I'm going to try and follow the tips on prepping for the week ahead. Main thing for me is to not eat everything I'm prepping since food addiction with sporadic binging is my problem.

This is my first post and I'm fairly new to MFP. I connected to it through the Pact App I have been using to record my gym pact and now my food pact through MFP.